Slicktrick

TN911

Jun 6, 2018
Missouri
Hey guys, I need a fixed blade 125 grain broadhead to elk hunt with this fall. I would really like them to shoot like my feild tips. Anyone used the slick tricks with success? I also have bought some ramcats but the 1.5" cut diameter is catching alot of cross wind at 50 yards. Thanks!

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Wish I had better experience with what im looking for. Im guessing where you are hunting mechanicals are outlawed? I shoot the magnus stinger and they fly OK.

TN911

Jun 6, 2018
Missouri
Wish I had better experience with what im looking for. Im guessing where you are hunting mechanicals are outlawed? I shoot the magnus stinger and they fly OK.
No they are legal but I want to shoot a fixed blade because I think they are tougher than rage, rocket, ect...

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
I bought some standards on the recommendation of a shop owner. They flew with my field points out of my two bows. I also tried QAD Exodus, they hit low and right consistently. I also tried G5 Montecs, they were all over the place, mostly low but decent out to 40. I bought a pack of Slick Trick Grizzly tricks as they had a 1 1/4" cut vs the Standards 1". Shot the Muzzy MX3 and they flew good but seemed a little weak looking to me. I have been shooting the Kudupoints and they fly very well out of both my bows. I have shot them and the Slick Trick standards out to 80. I think the Kudupoints are a little more consistant and accurate. Bows used were a Hoyt Powermax 70# 29.5" draw and a Hoyt Pro Defiant same specs. Total arrow weight was 499gr including the 125g head and 50 grain insert.

Edit 080319 The Grizzly Tricks weren't as consistent as the standards

Last edited:
Reactions: TN911

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
Slick tricks are great steel heads and have always flow great for me. If you want a head that is more lethal try gravediggers by Bloodsport. I was a fixed head hunter for years but have been blown away by how much more lethal a hybrid is.

Reactions: archeranthony

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Slick tricks are great steel heads and have always flow great for me. If you want a head that is more lethal try gravediggers by Bloodsport. I was a fixed head hunter for years but have been blown away by how much more lethal a hybrid is.
Thanks Dan......I'm shooting Slick Tricks now due to your past comments......now you force me to look at the Gravediggers. Awesome, way to instill doubt in the ever ending quest for something better. A sick disease we all have in our blood.

Ok serious now......I went to the Slick Tricks due to them being measured in many articles as one of the top 5 sharpest out of the box broad heads and I got tired of my G5s Montecs need to be resharpened.

Reactions: archeranthony

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
The Shuttle T-Locks fly pretty good for a fixed blade, mine are field point accurate out to 50. I've killed a few deer, few turkeys and an elk with them. Not sure they make a 125 grain option, I shoot 100's.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I shoot 100s, but have shot the standard, magnum, and grizz trick from slick trick. The smaller the head, the better they fly for me. The Standards (smallest diameter) flew good out to about 60 before they started to drift slightly lower than field points. They were ony about 2" low at 80. Magnums started to drift lower sooner, but otherwise shot extremely well. I've shot NAP Thunderheads and Muzzys as well. Slicks shot the best, then NAPs.

Fullfan

Aug 9, 2014
Been shooting the Slick Tricks for years. Have always received great results. Bought several packs of the Grizz Tricks 2 from Wal Mart, could not pass them up for 14.00. They fly great out of my bow and my cross bow. They will be going to Idaho in Sept for elk..

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
I’ve taken 2 elk with the Magnus Stinger 125 grain 4 blade. Complete pass thru on both. Best warranty in the business and they fly true.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I shoot slick tricks. Love them. I’d have to count the animals taken with them, but it’s a fair amount. Never any issues. One bad shot I’d prefer forgetting but still recovered the animal.

archbull

Nov 25, 2019
CO
Shuttle T-Locks 125 Grain broadhead's have always worked great for me. From Whitetail to Elk.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Gen 1 slick tricks... I hear they worked well.
All kidding aside, flight is the only real consideration to me. Every broadhead on the market will kill if you get it into the boiler room. I know buddies that shoot this head or that head but the only way I feel comfortable is by shooting it out of my hunting setup. Fixed blades in general will tend to hit a little lower as range increases. True field point flight only comes from field points. The closest I have found to field point flight is with an expandable. That isn't to say a person can't be almost as accurate with fixed blades. If you are interested, you should buy some to try in your setup.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Been shooting the Slick Tricks for years. Have always received great results. Bought several packs of the Grizz Tricks 2 from Wal Mart, could not pass them up for 14.00. They fly great out of my bow and my cross bow. They will be going to Idaho in Sept for elk..
Plus 1 for slick tricks. It what I’ve used for years, great results. Never lost an animal with a couple shots not being perfect. Thankful for a quality product.