S3 Sheep Tag in Colorado!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Congrats UH. For those who haven't been with the forum for long, you should know that UH has been one of the most helpful (and experienced) hunters contributing. He's been a bit quiet as of late, but it looks like he'll have a lot to talk about next winter. Well deserved.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Congradulations, I wish that I could be able to help you out on it.

The best that I can do is to direct you to the Colorado Hunting Atlas, but then I am sure that you have checked that out already.

https://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/index.html?app=HuntingAtlas

I just cam through that area today and did see a few ewe's grazing on the east side of Georgetown but then they were on the wrong side of the freeway where they always are. And that is in unit 32
Thanks Jim. I've used the hunting atlas for deer, but didn't think about it for sheep. That along with the online harvest reports are starting to put the macro pieces together.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Congrats UH. This is awesome. Two BIG hunts this year. We'll be anticipating lots of pictures and stories!

* It is so refreshing to actually know someone who drew one of these coveted tags (even if it's only on the net the past 7-8 yrs)
Simply Awesome!

88man

Feb 20, 2014
Pa
I hope I am not overlooking anything but my card just got dinged for the amount for a nonresident Colorado rifle sheep tag. I applied for in S3 with max points. Hunt dates are August 12-28. I double checked all my apps and my wife's apps and there were no other sheep or goat apps, so appears that is the only one it could be.

If you have intel on this unit, please drop me a PM. it would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
Ill Pm you. I had the tag a few years ago and killed a nice ram there.