S3 Sheep Tag in Colorado!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I hope I am not overlooking anything but my card just got dinged for the amount for a nonresident Colorado rifle sheep tag. I applied for in S3 with max points. Hunt dates are August 12-28. I double checked all my apps and my wife's apps and there were no other sheep or goat apps, so appears that is the only one it could be.

If you have intel on this unit, please drop me a PM. it would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
Congratulation UH! I actually shot my ram in S3 but it was back in 1997. I have been in the unit since on some goat hunts. I will collect some information and send you a PM

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
Congrats Umpqua Hunter! That?s awesome you drew! Glad you were rewarded for all your years of applying. Much deserved. Good luck on your hunt!

Horniac

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
Congrats! That's the only NR tag given out for that unit and only 2 Resident tags. Should make for a great hunt!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Congradulations, I wish that I could be able to help you out on it.

The best that I can do is to direct you to the Colorado Hunting Atlas, but then I am sure that you have checked that out already.

https://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/index.html?app=HuntingAtlas

I just cam through that area today and did see a few ewe's grazing on the east side of Georgetown but then they were on the wrong side of the freeway where they always are. And that is in unit 32

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
Congratulations UH ! That is a great unit. The only thing I can tell you is that if you find a big ram before the season, expect some company on opening morning.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Congratulations! Man I can't imagine the year you're about to have, New Zealand red stag and Colorado rocky bighorns. You must be living right my friend.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
You need to send me some of you JuJu. No Desert Sheep tag again this year. Odds are much better than yours (3 tags for about 2500 applicants). I better draw soon as I ain't getting any younger...LOL! Good luck my friend.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Congratulation UH! I actually shot my ram in S3 but it was back in 1997. I have been in the unit since on some goat hunts. I will collect some information and send you a PM
Thank you everyone!!

That would be awesome Colorado T! Any help would be much appreciated. I ran through the harvest reports on the CDOW website tonight and have a general idea where most of the rams are coming from. Lots of homework to do.