"Old" Members Introduction (with pics)

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Dang.....I was going to go with the I am an addict post until I saw I was beaten to it.

I'm fairly new, but I don't think I fit into that category anymore. Most call me Eric and some call me names I shouldn't write where young impressionable minds might read it. :D I'm 33 and I'm married to my lovely wife of 7 years and we have 2 daughters (3 and 5). I currently live in a small town outside of the Cleveland, OH. Prior to that I've lived in Vermont, North Carolina, Missouri, North Dakota, and I was born and raised in Northern Minnesota.

I currently design fuel pumps for pretty much anything that flies; planes (commercial, private, military), helicopters, missles, UAV's..... I still moonlight a little for the battery business which is where I cut my teeth for a few years after college, but mostly fuel pumps now.

I spend way to much time thinking, talking, scouting, and hunting....or so my wife thinks. I'm slowly turning her into a hunter but with a couple young kids and no family around it can be tough for her to get out at the same time with me. We already have plans to turkey hunt again this spring and are looking at an antelope hunt this fall. I've been hunting since I could which mostly consists of whitetail, black bear, grouse, pheasants, and ducks, but was bitten by the Western bug a few years ago and succeeded with a cow elk taken with my muzzleloader on my first hunt of which my camera crapped out on me and I have no pictures of:mad:. But, I have the memories all up top. I'm slowly building points in some areas and am trying to gain boots on the ground knowledge in a few others. I'll be elk hunting this fall and on a high country mule deer hunt next fall if everything goes as planned.

I'm trying to add where I can, but most of the time feel like I am just taking.....Thanks to all those that don't know when I have been quietly reading and taking it all in.

Here is a few memories from over the years.
Biggest buck to date

First bow kill

Attachments

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
I am definitely not old, and I don't post a lot. But I try to help when I can. My name is Steve, I am 35 years old. I was born and raised in Rock Springs WY, and currently live in Laramie WY with my wife Amanda. We have 2 kids, a 10 year old Daughter (Emma), and a 6 six year old son (Michael). I manage a Respiratory company,the best part of my job is talking with seniors about hunting. My wife thinks I have a problem as I tend to think about hunting 24/7. No matter where we go, hunting is on my mind. Me wife does not hunt but loves hanging out back at the camper and relaxing. I have only hunted my home state, but have a Caribou hunt in Quebec this fall and am planning some hunts in the years to come. I was a rifle hunter, and purchased a bow a few years ago but never gave it a chance until this last fall. I posted pics of my elk hunt and will be posting the story later. If anyone needs advice I am knowledgeable with WY antelope 47, Deer 102, and the Snowy Range mountains.
Here is my best Deer

Here is my first Archery animal

mattdeere

Jul 27, 2013
Central California
I am definitely not old, and I don't post a lot. But I try to help when I can. My name is Steve, I am 35 years old. I was born and raised in Rock Springs WY, and currently live in Laramie WY with my wife Amanda. We have 2 kids, a 10 year old Daughter (Emma), and a 6 six year old son (Michael). I manage a Respiratory company,the best part of my job is talking with seniors about hunting. My wife thinks I have a problem as I tend to think about hunting 24/7. No matter where we go, hunting is on my mind. Me wife does not hunt but loves hanging out back at the camper and relaxing. I have only hunted my home state, but have a Caribou hunt in Quebec this fall and am planning some hunts in the years to come. I was a rifle hunter, and purchased a bow a few years ago but never gave it a chance until this last fall. I posted pics of my elk hunt and will be posting the story later. If anyone needs advice I am knowledgeable with WY antelope 47, Deer 102, and the Snowy Range mountains.
Here is my best Deer

Are you hunting with Safari Nordik in Quebec? What other hunts do you have planned?

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Here is my best Deer

That's definitely one way to start off your archery career! Nice Job!

mattdeere

Jul 27, 2013
Central California
I'm hunting with Ungava Adventures with my 60 year old uncle. I am in the early stages of planning a Sitka Blacktail hunt, and Alaskan Moose hunt.
I hunted with Ungava a long time ago. I've also hunted with Safari Nordik. Are you planning a DIY Sitka hunt or guided? When are you wanting to do that hunt?

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Alright, I guess it's my turn. I go by the name of Travis, folks at work call me bird dog. I'm 26 and spent most of my life in Reno Nevada. I did spend a short, important stint in north eastern Cali. I grew up hunting with my dad since I was 5 he had a guide service and I was always in the truck when he went if I wasn't in school. I've hunted nv, ca, az, and wy. All for either deer or antelope. God blessed me with my first limited entry elk tag in Wyoming and I hope to fulfill on a great opportunity. I also am heading to South Africa to hunt for 2 weeks this year and hope to capitalize on opportunities with my bow. I used to be a hardcore duck hunter and my best season I killed 200 ducks and close to 90 geese. Nowadays I focus on western big game.

I'm an apprentice to one of the best hunting researchers in the game, I'm also a self proclaimed gear snob and have written a few reviews for various products. I am perfectly content with the gear I have this year though(for the most part) ;)

I apply for 7-9 western states a year, I started 4 years ago so I'm kinda behind on points except for Nevada.

I work as a municipal fireman and enjoy anything outdoors. I road bike, just picked up a mountain bike and a kayak. My wife and I spend a lot of time in the desert looking for cool stuff. I also like gold prospecting in the spring and I take a lot of self defense classes that involves pistols and carbines. I'm a firearm enthusiast and love to tinker with rifles to squeeze every ounce of accuracy out of them.

I have a wife and 2 kids that are 2 and 4. They are all awesome and put up with my time in the field on my tags and friends who are kind enough to let me join in on their adventure.

Here are a few pics.

Last edited:

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I'm hunting with Ungava Adventures with my 60 year old uncle. I am in the early stages of planning a Sitka Blacktail hunt, and Alaskan Moose hunt.
I've hunted with Ungava Adventures, it's a first-class operation. We hunted out of Gordon Lake. If you have any ? pm me.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hello I am Coloradov and I like to hunt big mule deer more than any other animal. I live in South Central Colorado. Top left buck is a 33 1/4" wide to give perspective.

I did not tag out the past 2 years but here is the wife's first buck ever that she took this year.

Last edited:

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hello I am Coloradov and I like to hunt big mule deer more than any other animal. I live in South Central Colorado. Top left buck is a 33 1/4" wide to give perspective.

I did not tag out the past 2 years but here is the wife's first buck ever that she took this year.

Could I possibly use some of these pictures for a couple of FB posts? If I can could you send them to scott.reekers@eastmans.com? Thanks!