Old Giant buck dies

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
A 7 yr old giant was killed by a car this morning. He lived on Fort Campbell military base on the KY/TN, just a few miles down the road from me.
This morning

Last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Wow! What a deer. That is unfortunate, but I'm glad it was a car and not a poacher. When I 1st opened this post I saw the 2nd picture 1st, before I read anything, and I was sure it was going to be another poacher story.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
It is a Whitetail, a freak one at that.
As for poaching, this deer was well known by biologist and the chances of someone legally killing him was slim as he spent most of his time in a off limits portion of the military base. Needless to say, if you lucked up and killed this joker you better have had all your t's crossed and i's dotted. Unfortunately for us hunters he was killed by a car this morning.

It also appears he lost some inches from last year. I will dig up some more pics. *Yet he still has some growing to do but it looks like last year was his prime.

Last edited:

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It is a Whitetail, a freak one at that.
As for poaching, this deer was well known by biologist and the chances of someone legally killing him was slim as he spent most of his time in a off limits portion of the military base. Needless to say, if you lucked up and killed this joker you better have had all your t's crossed and i's dotted. Unfortunately for us hunters he was killed by a car this morning.

It also appears he lost some inches from last year. I will dig up some more pics.

I wouldn't be so sure that he lost inches. I've got pics of a 12 pt for 3 years and he put most of his antler on in August, but his pal he hung out with put most of his anter on mid-June to mid-July.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
What a buck. I saw a buck very similar (Almost as big but not quite) to this magnitude once in PA....Never seen or hear of him again. He lived in Propagation area land.

Jrod

Jan 30, 2012
Livermore, CA
That was an incredible buck. To bad, but he had to have bred at least a couple girls during his tenure so I would hunt the outside area for a couple years for sure.
Cheers