Official 2014 NV scouting thread.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
I posted these in the wrong thread. He's not a giant. But it should get the blood flowin! Good luck antelope hunters! I took these last weekend. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407532673.214598.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407532682.971820.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407532692.955949.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407532701.675230.jpg

mt-mike

Jul 16, 2011
Helena, Montana
I found this wide buck, doesn't look too tall but man does he look cool....I think i'll be looking for him opening
Looks like you are going to have some nice ones to choose from. You've sure taken some good sharp pictures so far, keep it up. Looking forward to seeing your results. Good luck!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
AK I have one in mind. I haven't posted this years pics of him just because I don't want to Jinx myself. I will say this. If I get him and with the proper photos I say EHJ cover!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Buying is a pain in the butt! I just bought my house a month ago and it took two months to get it done. Next time I move it will be into a Bus motor home.

2rocky

Sep 10, 2012
Quick Question for the folks familiar with Washoe County units...

If I am travelling on the 19th of August, do I need to worry about Traffic in Gerlach and on 447 because of Burning Man?

When does that stretch start to get crazy?

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Quick Question for the folks familiar with Washoe County units...

If I am travelling on the 19th of August, do I need to worry about Traffic in Gerlach and on 447 because of Burning Man?

When does that stretch start to get crazy?
You should be good on the 19th. You will see some people but they don't allow the regular burners in until the Sunday before Labor Day which is the 24th. The week of the 25th will be a nightmare on 447. Even if you are coming back toward Reno during that time you would probably be better running down Smoke Creek, even coming the opposite direction can get jammed with accidents and broken down RVs.

2rocky

Sep 10, 2012
Thanks B&B. I'll look for Smoke creek on the map. Season opens on the 22nd. I'm going to commit 5 full days to the hunt so I would be pulling out of there on the 26th. Might be better to go out through Eagleville....

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Thanks B&B. I'll look for Smoke creek on the map. Season opens on the 22nd. I'm going to commit 5 full days to the hunt so I would be pulling out of there on the 26th. Might be better to go out through Eagleville....
The smoke creek road is a pretty good road and a good option to stay away from Gerlach. Most of it is a 60mph dirt road, the worst part is the dirt road on the Rez which isn't maintained well. It takes you right to Pyramid Lake and pops you out in the Spanish Springs area of Sparks. Still not guaranteed not to see burners trying to sneak in the back rout though. Depending on what part of CA you are getting back to going through Eagleville to Alturas is a long trip.