Mount Pictures

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
When my wife and I built our house, left the downstairs a pretty open floorplan specifically for our taxidermy. Everything with the exception of the dall sheep are DIY on public land or publicly accessible private (block management, WIA's, etc.).

Not the best pictures...but you get the idea:

Couple few 6 points, couple mule deer:

mule deer, coues deer, Montana goat, montana bear:

A few Montana whitetails, sea ducks from Kodiak.

desert sheep, dall sheep:

Muskox from AK (my buddy and I drew 2 of the last 5 trophy tags issued in the area), new mexico oryx.

Wow, that’s a great collection you have there! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: marcusvdk

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
Not sure if this is in the right part of the forum but I thought it would be cool to take some pictures of your trophy rooms or some of your mounts. Unfortunately mine are all whitetail and one Texas dall sheep so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20160129_125425.jpgthe 3 pt is my buck from Montana the big guy is my Grandfather's buck that was killed in 1962 in Wyoming. The picture to the right of the buck is a picture of him with the mount.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Some cool stuff in this thread. Always fun to see the different ways we display our memories.

Not any mounts for me but is a wall in my shop. Still have to hang up this years buck somewhere and have a couple at my fathers as well as one at my grandma’s house. I keep a few special ones in here. My fist buck, one w brother, grandfather, and father there. Wife’s first buck. Buck I got w a longbow at 11-12 yds (took me 3 years). Yea some fun memories!!
B3A742AD-E3CB-44DD-9EA5-3463FAC704AC.jpeg

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
When my wife and I built our house, left the downstairs a pretty open floorplan specifically for our taxidermy. Everything with the exception of the dall sheep are DIY on public land or publicly accessible private (block management, WIA's, etc.).

Not the best pictures...but you get the idea:

Couple few 6 points, couple mule deer:

mule deer, coues deer, Montana goat, montana bear:

A few Montana whitetails, sea ducks from Kodiak.

desert sheep, dall sheep:

Muskox from AK (my buddy and I drew 2 of the last 5 trophy tags issued in the area), new mexico oryx.

Wow there is a lot of great stories on the wall there that's amazing

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Thanks the pano pics are fun but kinda stretch stuff lol. He is pretty wide or 33.5” and was a last day buck.. I had seen him earlier in the season but there was a huge typical just about as wide in there I was after. On the last day I saw him at very first light and could not pass him again.. Last buck I got w a rifle.. Here is a better pic w a yardstick lol.

2FB0E7BF-4958-48A6-934F-5224641FF41E.jpeg

The buck in velvet was archery he is just under 30” to the kickers. Cool deal is that his inside is 14”... He was also featured in the June 2016 Eastmans magazine.

CF5EC25C-B82D-40EF-B41B-640D22AF67FD.jpeg

To the left of the velvet buck is another archery buck over 29.5” w a few stickers off the back you can’t see in the pic. That is a 10” crescent wrench.

DA8F6DBB-89E9-4F37-831A-C32F99DDE7F6.jpeg

All diy public land Colorado bucks!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Beating the heat over the weekend. I hid in the basement and got out the hot glue gun and some old turkey beards from my youth.

I considered trying to paint a picture of a turkey on the paddle...but I didn't want to get laughed off the forum....lol

Maybe one day I will give it to someone who actually knows how to paint. lol

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Beating the heat over the weekend. I hid in the basement and got out the hot glue gun and some old turkey beards from my youth.

I considered trying to paint a picture of a turkey on the paddle...but I didn't want to get laughed off the forum....lol

Maybe one day I will give it to someone who actually knows how to paint. lol

View attachment 31222
You could do a word burning picture into the paddle. When i was a kid you could buy templates that you could rub onto the wood and then just burn where the lines were at.