Masks required on federal land

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind wearing a mask when I go to Wal-Mart or in meetings etc. And I think that social distancing is awesome not just for pandemic but always. I'm probably just annoyed that less 10% of my work day justifies a mask and I'll soon be told I have to wear one even when I'm not around anyone.

I hate one size fits all federal regulations being applied where they make no sense though
unfortunately that is the world we live in and it only gets worse when dems steal elections.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Strong leadership is when they do it to the other guy. Oppression is when they do it to you.

This is no big deal to me. I have no hunts planned over the next 100 days but even if I did, a) it's hard to imagine this getting enforced on some back-woods chunk of USFS land (in all my miles of hiking and hunting I've never even SEEN an officer more than 100yds from a parking lot) and b) it's colder than a witch's hind tit out there. I'd be protecting my face anyway.

I haven't had the flu in a year. To be honest, I may keep masking up for Walmart and other trips even after this mess is finally under control.
I obey the law even the dumbass ones put forth be libs, so if for some reason I find myself in a fed land situation I will wear the damn thing. not because I respect the imposter in chief but because I respect rule of law.

I really don't much care if I or anyone else gets sick and dies. that is the circle of life . it is not my responsibility to keep others healthy . that is on them. don't want to catch something from me???? stay TF away. I am most happy to do the same.

I have nothing against those who are frightened silly and think the mask mandate will solve their problems. those who want to wear em , kudos to you. in fact I think ya'll ought to wear full hazmat when in public as that is more likely to protect you then a lil ol mask. :D

it is my opinion and many doctors agree , a large part of the reason so many get sick and can't fight it off is because they try to live so clean they never get exposed to anything and their immunity suffers from it to the point they can't fight anything when they are exposed. we may well find in the future that masks kill more then they save.

perfect health is simply dying as slowly as possible . I'd prefer it to be quik!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: bdan68 and tdub24

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
What I don't understand is why some of you have to bring politics into this discussion. You want to talk politics, go to Facebook or some other location. IMHO this won't have any impact on us using NF or BLM lands now or later this year. Going into a gov't building won't change one bit as you have to wear a mask now!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Don't believe what big industry pays Faux News to tell you. Neither "side" of the media thinks twice about getting you worked up with click bait to drive ad revenue.

The actual data tells a different, more nuanced story. For accidents:

View attachment 33498

There was a time in the early 90's when pipelines were marginally "better" than rail on a spillage-quantity-comparison basis, but rail made more improvements over time than pipelines did. Rail cars are much easier to maintain than pipelines because you don't need to shut a whole pipeline down to do it, and you can do that maintenance in rail-yards with fixed, heavy equipment. Also, rail provides a lot more flexibility - pipelines ultimately handle only a portion of the distance oil needs to travel, and the "last mile" is often still delivered by rail or truck. (The chart doesn't continue into the 2010's but from what I've read, the trend basically continues - downward for all methods except trucking, downward the most for ocean and rail.)

One of the biggest challenges with pipelines is that when there IS a leak, you aren't talking about a few rail cars of crude dumped into the track ballast. They can be hundreds of thousands of gallons. And because they're often under-reported in the news, it can make you think they're safer than they are. A different section of Keystone ALREADY dumped 383,000 gallons of crude in ND, and the same month (Oct 2019) in Texas there was a 500,000-gallon diesel spill from a different rupture. In 2020, Colonial leaked 492,000 gallons of gasoline in NC. That's a lot of gas! These are just some of the notable ones - somewhere in the US, a pipeline leak is reported at least 2-3x a month. Most are "only" a few thousand gallons.

By the way, this is part of the reason if you dig deeply enough into the numbers, say if you happen to have a buddy who's a Futures trader, you find that the final amortized cost for pipeline delivery sometimes works out to be a wash against rail - by the time you factor in the lost product and downtime from spills, plus the lawsuits and cleanup costs, you're almost rolling the dice on pipeline being better anyway.

That doesn't mean all pipelines are bad - rail could never replace the majority of the smaller ones - but they certainly shouldn't be put on a pedestal. They have real problems and I personally sympathize with folks that wouldn't want one in their backyard. I sure as hell wouldn't allow one across my land without a fight. Personally I don't consider even 1200 gallons of gas dumped into a place I might want to hunt or fish "small", and I don't want to leave my kids a poisoned planet "because jobs." Trust me, the oil industry is one of the single most lucrative industries in all of history. They WILL get that oil to market, and there will be jobs to help do it, regardless of the method used.

As for the jobs, TC Energy says 11,000 but never backs it up. The actual documents put together when the pipeline was originally proposed say 3900 construction (temporary), then only 35 permanent and 15 temporary workers "to run it." But the real lie in the whole pitch is that they don't count how many jobs are created by the OTHER methods. Delivering by rail isn't free - there's only a certain amount of capacity in the system, just like pipeline capacity works. If you want to deliver more, you need workers making new cars, engineers operating the trains, maintenance workers doing their bit, track workers doing their bit, etc. There are tons of jobs in every delivery option. Put it another way, can anyone here name an out-of-work welder (who actually is good at what they do?)

Drill, baby, drill.
no one wants to leave their kids a poisoned planet . but I do tire of ,"do it for the kids".
do it for the kids policies are as harmfull to this nation as doing nothing at all.

there are rational things we can do to reduce polution but there is NO such thing as a rational response put forth by the left. their idea of a cure for brain cancer is to simply chop off the head . while I am all for that solution in their ranks ,I'D prefer not apply it to the entir population!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
What I don't understand is why some of you have to bring politics into this discussion. You want to talk politics, go to Facebook or some other location. IMHO this won't have any impact on us using NF or BLM lands now or later this year. Going into a gov't building won't change one bit as you have to wear a mask now!
because like it or not politics is the biggest part of the problem and no problem can be solved (not that I expect anything will ever be solved)before it is identified.
a political mandate is the very topic of this thread .
it is really that simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdan68 and accubond

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Funny how everyone only reads the headlines so they can become faux outraged....try reading the CDC guidelines, and the EO.

Now tell me you're going to be required to wear a mask on public land while hunting.

Nobody bothers to read past their bias...or more than 2 sentences to confirm that bias.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I really don't much care if I or anyone else gets sick and dies. that is the circle of life . it is not my responsibility to keep others healthy . that is on them. don't want to catch something from me???? stay TF away. I am most happy to do the same.
...and you wonder why people are fleeing the church and religion in record numbers?

I can see why "As goes the church" with your good Christian values and all.

I'll bet you're just a whole lot of fun at a party...if you ever get invited to any.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Don't believe what big industry pays Faux News to tell you. Neither "side" of the media thinks twice about getting you worked up with click bait to drive ad revenue.

The actual data tells a different, more nuanced story. For accidents:

View attachment 33498

There was a time in the early 90's when pipelines were marginally "better" than rail on a spillage-quantity-comparison basis, but rail made more improvements over time than pipelines did. Rail cars are much easier to maintain than pipelines because you don't need to shut a whole pipeline down to do it, and you can do that maintenance in rail-yards with fixed, heavy equipment. Also, rail provides a lot more flexibility - pipelines ultimately handle only a portion of the distance oil needs to travel, and the "last mile" is often still delivered by rail or truck. (The chart doesn't continue into the 2010's but from what I've read, the trend basically continues - downward for all methods except trucking, downward the most for ocean and rail.)

One of the biggest challenges with pipelines is that when there IS a leak, you aren't talking about a few rail cars of crude dumped into the track ballast. They can be hundreds of thousands of gallons. And because they're often under-reported in the news, it can make you think they're safer than they are. A different section of Keystone ALREADY dumped 383,000 gallons of crude in ND, and the same month (Oct 2019) in Texas there was a 500,000-gallon diesel spill from a different rupture. In 2020, Colonial leaked 492,000 gallons of gasoline in NC. That's a lot of gas! These are just some of the notable ones - somewhere in the US, a pipeline leak is reported at least 2-3x a month. Most are "only" a few thousand gallons.

By the way, this is part of the reason if you dig deeply enough into the numbers, say if you happen to have a buddy who's a Futures trader, you find that the final amortized cost for pipeline delivery sometimes works out to be a wash against rail - by the time you factor in the lost product and downtime from spills, plus the lawsuits and cleanup costs, you're almost rolling the dice on pipeline being better anyway.

That doesn't mean all pipelines are bad - rail could never replace the majority of the smaller ones - but they certainly shouldn't be put on a pedestal. They have real problems and I personally sympathize with folks that wouldn't want one in their backyard. I sure as hell wouldn't allow one across my land without a fight. Personally I don't consider even 1200 gallons of gas dumped into a place I might want to hunt or fish "small", and I don't want to leave my kids a poisoned planet "because jobs." Trust me, the oil industry is one of the single most lucrative industries in all of history. They WILL get that oil to market, and there will be jobs to help do it, regardless of the method used.

As for the jobs, TC Energy says 11,000 but never backs it up. The actual documents put together when the pipeline was originally proposed say 3900 construction (temporary), then only 35 permanent and 15 temporary workers "to run it." But the real lie in the whole pitch is that they don't count how many jobs are created by the OTHER methods. Delivering by rail isn't free - there's only a certain amount of capacity in the system, just like pipeline capacity works. If you want to deliver more, you need workers making new cars, engineers operating the trains, maintenance workers doing their bit, track workers doing their bit, etc. There are tons of jobs in every delivery option. Put it another way, can anyone here name an out-of-work welder (who actually is good at what they do?)

Drill, baby, drill.
You are forgetting the upstream and downstream activities. The gotta get the oil to and into the pipeline, then they take the oil and distribute it to the users. Pipeline is only part of the actual jobs part of it all.

We have a couple pipelines down here in FL, some spills come from the trucks on the roads and the majority of the problems come from gas stations & oil depots.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Seeing a lot of folks upset that politics is being discussed on hunting forums. Should be just hunting, land access, and what tags you wanna get next year. Good luck. People are worried about the here and now - the draws are coming up so there is some distraction, then once you submit, stuck back in the real world with an unknown (at this point) enemy in the white house.

Its a big deal.

If you want to ignore it, that's your call but you'll have to pass on these threads or delete em. Then it'll censorship - just like facebook, twitter, and such. LOL! Vicious cycle.

Reactions: bdan68

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Funny how they want to do away with the oil, gas, and coal. Ca. is to go away from combustible engine vehicles to all electric. Well anyone care to tell me how they plan to power all those cars. They failing grids now. Just crazy.

Reactions: bdan68

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Funny how they want to do away with the oil, gas, and coal. Ca. is to go away from combustible engine vehicles to all electric. Well anyone care to tell me how they plan to power all those cars. They failing grids now. Just crazy.
They build their power plants that burn coal in Nevada and Utah then highline it into California. That way the regulations fall on other states.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Seeing a lot of folks upset that politics is being discussed on hunting forums. Should be just hunting, land access, and what tags you wanna get next year. Good luck. People are worried about the here and now - the draws are coming up so there is some distraction, then once you submit, stuck back in the real world with an unknown (at this point) enemy in the white house.

Its a big deal.

If you want to ignore it, that's your call but you'll have to pass on these threads or delete em. Then it'll censorship - just like facebook, twitter, and such. LOL! Vicious cycle.
I get that some don't want to talk politics but I don't really get why some want everyone else to shut up about it?????
I mean seriously ,if you click on a thread and something is being discussed that you don't like .... simply stop following that thread! half the problem with this world is folks think they need censorship to protect them from being exposed to different ideas. I miss the days when folks had thick enough skins that they didn't need to get offended by every lil ol thang!

Reactions: Rich M and bdan68

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I’ll second that CC.
Well said!!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
solar will save us. ;) that and sail cars:ROFLMAO: wind technology is the next great thing doanchaknow.

the flinstones were way ahead of their time with the hole in the floor of the vehicle thing. would also cut down on healthcare cost if all the fat arsed american drivers started doing that. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yell Co AR Hunter

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
looks to me like biden is already a joke on day one//i would like to see the feds do mask enforcement out in the middle of some blm in wyoming,,what a joke.