Is it a sin?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
If it doesn't fit you sell it. Its that simple. Nothing in my safe stays if it isn't accurate, reliable and fits me.

(Except for my wifes guns...lol....dont sell mommas guns if you expect anything on a nightly basis...it might turn into a monthly basis real quick...)

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Sorry I had a typo. You need a state license to conduct a raffle here in Colorado. Check the Sec of State webpage. Our Rifle & Pistol Club conducts several raffles a year and we have to comply with a bunch of rules and pay a % to the state.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I think that I would still go the consignment route. Put the price on the shotgun where you can get what you want+$40 if that is what the shop charges and then just sit back and wait.

Look at it this way, if you aren't ready to purchase a new shotgun right now then nothing is lost waiting. And if you are ready to purchase one in the close future then go ahead and buy it and then wait until the one on consignment sells to put the money back into your bank account.

Either way the shotgun that you won will pay for the new shotgun sooner or later.

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Obviously sell is the right choice in this situation as everyone else has said.

I used to never sell anything for any reason once it was mine. I've gotten over that and any pain at selling something unused or unliked is quickly replaced with the joy of the replacement.

Vikingload

Jun 12, 2015
Powell WY
Congrats on the win and it's a great problem to have! I would do whatever you are comfortable with and if selling is what you want to do, then do it and get the top dollar on it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I'd try newly one gun, put it through a few hunts etc... see how you like it before getting rid of your baby.

I wouldn't replace a prized firearm with any newly gained item until I knew the new one was better etc... or I wanted to keep it.

nothing wrong with buying something newer/better/or that you like more.

Huntinguy0120

May 29, 2012
Northern CA
A quick google search on this gun and I saw that the retail value is closer to $1700. I assume there was some sort of investment whether it was a table donation or raffle ticket that allowed you to win it? If it we're me, who also usually doesn't win prizes at raffles or chips at the blackjack table, I would do one of the following: 1.) if applicable, I'd ask anyone else who won a prize if they would be interested in a trade for something you really wanted. 2.) wouldn't get attached to it and I would sell it to finance multiple projects such as two Stoeger automatics for you and your boy... (Made side by side with benelli much like tikka is to Sako.) 3.) keep it! An over under will long out value many semi-automatics on the market, and technically functions just like one, especially when it's a high end 20 gauge o/u with adjustable chokes.....

MattDavis

Jan 23, 2016
Colorado Springs
Just an update I did trade the gun but for 2-3 months of field training for my GSP. As much as I want the gun now I figured the old trusty 870 paired with a hell of a trained gun dog will get me more birds than any semi auto.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk