Have you seen the Wyoming Non-profit "Mountain Pursuit"

280ackimp

Jul 4, 2017
New Hampshire
All, I just read a little bit about Mountain Pursuit a non profit who promotes "ethical hunting/fair chase" with such practice is defined as follows;

The essence of "Fair Chase" is maintaining the balance between the predator and prey. Specifically, game animals should have a reasonable chance of avoiding detection and if detected, eluding the hunter. Technology which tips this balance in favor of the hunter is simply unethical.

To this end, Mountain Pursuit opposes:

a) The use of Crossbows during archery season for hunters physically able to draw a 50-pound bow.
b) The use of drones for scouting or hunting.
c) The use of radios or other communication devices to coordinate hunter movement toward game.
d) Constructing new or use of seasonally closed motorized trails during hunting season to access hunting areas or recovery downed game.
e) Any method of scouting or game reconnaissance which does not put the hunter directly in the field him or herself including:
- Game/trail cameras
- Contract scouting services solicited to find and keep track of a specific game animal over an extended period of time - outside services normally provided by a guide or outfitter
f) Artificial baiting of any kind to hunt bears.
g) Use of electronic calls for predator hunting.
h) Running down coyotes, fox, wolves or any predator or animal with a snowmobile or ATV/ORV.

To this end, Mountain Pursuit supports:

a) Limiting all archery hunting shots to 50 yards or less. More HERE.
b) Limiting all rifle/firearm hunting shots to 300 yards or less. More HERE.
c) Hunting-related penalties for ORV road and trail violations during hunting season. More HERE.

The other initiative they promote is the reducing to 5% for non-resident limitted quotta tags !

Let the games begin .....Thoughts ???

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well...

I guess some folks have more time on their hands than I do...to come up with clubs and stuff... [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I agree with some of what they stand for but they are taking a few issues so far that they don't have a chance of doing any good imo.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yup. no bear baiting .
no electronic calls.

no shots over rifle 300 yards

notice how the listed a few good things and tried to hide their real , agenda amongst it??
sounds like a liberal run outfit to me . I wouldn't give em a penny no matter what they offer.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Divide and conquer
yup.

find out what most don't care about , then ban it. once done, find the next thing most don't care about . then ban it. and so on and on it goes. that is pretty much the playbook of the antis.

88man

Feb 20, 2014
Pa
I agree even if you agree with some or most of it my feelings are it will just divide the minority further. Whats next??? I do think the sales of the commissioners tags revenue should stay in state and should go towards wildlife habitat management, access or research.

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
yup. no bear baiting .
no electronic calls.

no shots over rifle 300 yards

notice how the listed a few good things and tried to hide their real , agenda amongst it??
sounds like a liberal run outfit to me . I wouldn't give em a penny no matter what they offer.
I believe the founder is from Jackson, so it could very well be liberal run outfit. There are some things listed that should definitely be illegal. Like you said, I believe their real agenda is being hidden here.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
You know what Non-Profit means?
A 100K job for the founder and a couple family members. Better than a collage education.

Heck what is this running down yotes with snowmobile. That just sounds like a lot of fun to an Arky boy.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Yikes, sounds like a ?purist? non-profit. What are their other motives that they would slap on bills and slide through?

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Beautiful emulation of the garbage legislation that comes out of our Washington DC two-party dictatorship. You express views that are universally accepted within the hunting community, and quietly imbed elements that are divisive and tyrannical.

Wyoming Hart nailed it.

"apres moi le deluge"

Rahmood

Feb 7, 2019
Yikes, sounds like a ?purist? non-profit. What are their other motives that they would slap on bills and slide through?
Follow the money and you'll probably find their motives. I'm interested in this as well.