Goals For 2020 Hunting Season?

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys! I got asked the question yesterday on what my goals were for the 2020 hunting season? I thought I would like to ask you all the same!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
#1 - fill the freezer
#2 - Call in as many elk as possible for myself and friends here in a few weeks
#3 - Make the most of a great deer tag
#4 - Have fun hunting with friends and family with numerous great tags this year

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
To be able to hunt in Wyoming October for my mule deer and antelope tag.
I woke up July the 25th and was blind in my left eye. I have been a diabetic for the past 27 years and it is taking a toll after many years of no complications. Just a warning to others keep up with your health. I have neglected going to the eye doctor a couple years. Found out my right eye is in just as bad shape. I am currently undergoing laser surgery on my right eye. Never thought my goal would be to be able to see to hunt.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
To be able to hunt in Wyoming October for my mule deer and antelope tag.
I woke up July the 25th and was blind in my left eye. I have been a diabetic for the past 27 years and it is taking a toll after many years of no complications. Just a warning to others keep up with your health. I have neglected going to the eye doctor a couple years. Found out my right eye is in just as bad shape. I am currently undergoing laser surgery on my right eye. Never thought my goal would be to be able to see to hunt.
Just said a quick prayer for you, sometimes the real situations like this put it all in perspective!

JessTomac

Jan 30, 2019
Montana
Goal is to go harder and farther than I have before! I've been killing it (for me) this preseason working out, scouting and shooting!

Elk Tag - Fill the freezer with a cow!!
Deer - Every year my goal is to kill a bigger buck than last year. This year my mule deer goal is a 155 to 170 class (unless early season archery gives me a better opportunity.
Antelope - Didn't draw. Goal now is to help a buddy of mine fill his archery tag. Should be fun!
Doe Tags - Kill my first archery (anything) with a bow, unless the 150 class whitetail buck near my house gives me the opportunity.
Out of State - Didn't draw, but I can get a SD archery deer tag still. So if COVID and $$ allow maybe I'll go home and hunt the family ranch.
Family - Get my son a better buck than last year (140's class whitetail or 150's class mule deer).

Good luck everyone & remember to enjoy the hunt!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
See my wife shoot a couple good bucks in Georgia.
Shoot a Bull with my bow and actually get to put my hands on it. (I'm past due and at this point it is embarrassing...lol)
See my dad and my daddy-in-law get good bucks in Montana.

Somewhere in there I might bag something. But I dont really care because with us moving It will be a disaster to set up my butchering equipment.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
My goal is to spend the most amount of time possible in the field. I'm booked pretty solid from mid September until Christmas. I hope to share some of that time with my girls. We have hunters education the next two weekends.

Reactions: Bonecollector

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Wow!! No wonder you reload!!
I have no clue why they issue so many doe tags. My wife and I could literally kill 24 deer per year.....with my uncle and my fatherinlaw we could kill 48.....How stupid would that be.

Wife and I typically average 2-3 bucks and 1-2 does per season. Once we kill the target bucks on our property we pretty much vacate the area and leave it as a sanctuary...so all of the other surrounding knuckleheads dont kill them all. We did shoot 4 bucks last season and I will be honest I kinda regret it. But a bunch of bucks survived since we didn't hunt all of december and January.

I know a bunch of people who kill 12 deer a year. I just shake my head.

There are a couple does that do in fact need to die on our property. They literally "hunt us" all day long.....

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Make it to Wyoming learn some practical knowledge about western hunting (instead of thousands of hrs watching videos and reading) hopefully bring some different meat for my family to eat and make it home safe without any major problems . A smile and good memories

Reactions: Bonecollector

IowaBuck

Jan 15, 2016
Iowa/Wyoming
Overall goals? Have fun and introduce new people to the sport. I have a bunch of people coming to hunt with me this fall and I'll be guiding too. I have lots of tags in my pocket and that'll get me out there to start.

I'm hoping to get my first Blacktail and first Coues Deer this fall along with maybe finding a Mountain Lion later in the year.