Game Processing within 90 miles of Pinedale WY?

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Does anyone have any recommendations for a game processor near Pinedale Wyoming, or within 90 miles of there? I have found one that is starting up this year called Scott's Meats in Daniel but they are unproven.

I had planned to use Hog Island in Jackson if we didn't have other options but just learned they are no longer in business. I am open to any butchers within 90 miles of Pinedale which would include Rock Springs or Jackson.

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
JH Ice & Game in Jackson is fine, I have an elk hanging there right now. Buffalo meats also does processing in Jackson. I've heard they do a good job but have no experience with them.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
My buddy didn't have any he was willing to recommend. He does 99% himself so not sure he would openly recommend anyone unless the community was really talking well of someone. Sorry I couldn't help.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
JH Ice & Game in Jackson is fine, I have an elk hanging there right now. Buffalo meats also does processing in Jackson. I've heard they do a good job but have no experience with them.
Thanks WY ME. Someone recently told me about JH Ice & Game. It's great to get a second thumbs up on that one.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
Not 90 miles, but 140 or so in Lyman, WY.

We have used Henderson meat twice and they have processed 3 of our elk. Zero complaints. I have never used a butcher before and have always done everything myself with the game i have killed locally. I have no idea how their price compares, but they were good to us and did a great job with our meat.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
The number online for JH Ice & Game doesn't seem to be working for me. Anybody know if they have weekend hours during the season?

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I used Henderson’s in Urie or Green River. It’s a bit over 90 mi south. They had a clean shop and did a great job on our Moose. They came highly recommended from a couple ranchers.

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
The number online for JH Ice & Game doesn't seem to be working for me. Anybody know if they have weekend hours during the season?
They are definitely open on the weekends. If no one is there call the after hours number on the door and someone will probably be there in 5 minutes. We're picking up my daughter's elk from them tonight.

Kylie's Elk 2018 .jpg

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
Sorry for the confusion but I was mistakenly talking about Matt's Meats which was/is JH Ice and game. They've changed ownership at least 4 times over the last 25 years that I can remember. The phone number is 307-201-5207. They do a good job and vacuum seal everything.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
We ended up using Scott's Meats in Daniel Junction, just a few miles north of Pinedale. Their phone number is (307) 413-3322. They bought the semi truck trailers formerly used by Hog Island. I haven't eaten any of the antelope yet, but it looks like they did a very nice job and were great people to work with.