Favorite Beer

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
pretty much anything deschutes brews is good. Kona makes a good pale ale, I think it’s called long board. Day tripper pale ale. Tough to beat big sky brewing company’s scapegoat pale ale. My every day beer is michelob golden draft light. Reasonably priced and good beer taste

Reactions: Prerylyon

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
My go to beer of choice is Corona. I'm a beer wimp because I don't like stout or dark beers and I have yet to taste a micro-brew that I liked.
The 2 beers that I will absolutely NOT drink are Bud and Bud Light. I'll drink water or nothing if that is all there is.
What a coincidence that is it now beer-thirty!

• Haha
Reactions: Prerylyon

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Dang you guys... I haven't had a beer in 2 weeks. Trying to get into elk shape and the beer sure ruins my efforts lol. Maybe I'll just have a couple tonight and work harder tomorrow.

Reactions: Gr8bawana

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Always interesting to see what folks drink and as someone who gains a significant amount of my income from such things I have my opinions.

Something that is interesting industry wide right now is that beer is getting old as most beer has a shelf life and must be disposed of after a certain length of time.. Or if I were buying any beer at this time I would be checking the date code on the can as some is getting old.. The best beer is the beer that gets consumed or if it gets drank it is not destine for my stills - then a few years in med char oak barrels.. Been running a lot and I mean a lot of beer through stills lately (as it is free) distilled beer turns out pretty good after 4 years in a barrel w lots of herbal accents to compliment the oak char and varied malt bill.. Also folks seem to buy it and the bartenders or wait "mixologists" in places men seem to ware man buns buy it up like hotcakes so I will keep makin it lol...

So for me I like fresh beer like pulled directly off a bright tank or canned today off the line fresh as freshness trumps brand most of the time for me.

I dont buy beer much as we trade it in the industry but here are a few that I pay retail for and would recommend.

Cumbre - elevation IPA is one of the best IPA's anywhere as well as their stout those NM boys know what they are doing
Avery - Tweak, uncle jacks, or any of their 18% abv beers as they are barrel aged a few years and it is not easy getting 18-20% abv in a beer.
Bells - hop slam as well others
Founders - has a bunch great knowledgeable guys that produce great beer
Carvers - small brewery in durango Co and they do not package beer have to get it in house but worth it
Casey - In Glenwood springs Co does some cool stuff as well if you like sours and fruit almost a wine but a beer!
Eddyline in Buena Vista = Did a hell of a cherry porter and aged it in once used whisky barrels that then went back and had more whisky aged in them both the whisky and porter were amazing small batch very hard to find (as it was my idea and recipe so had to throw that one in) the barrel aged Java stout is also great if you can ever find it, also the Crank Yanker IPA is selling out all over Colorado right now
SKA - mexican lager = like your corona and pacifico but better and made in durango Co
Melvin - amazing place and vibe those wyo guys have and the 2x4 dipa they make is my go to there

Funny but I only drink maybe one night every other week as I get older I just dont drink much and lately my go to has been the Cumbre as we have a keg that is getting old so it is the right thing to do lol.

V

Last edited:

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Interesting to see you distilling that - I've always found if it's good enough to drink, I drink it, and if it's skanky, distilling it makes for a skanky product... Maybe you've got a trick I don't. Then again my shine never lasts long enough to bother aging :)

Most of what I homebrew is cider. It's stupidly easy, and once you get the knack you can make a gallon of something better quality than what you find in anything on the shelf for a quarter the price. Maybe it's just me but $10 for a 6-pack of an average-quality drink just bothers me. I've got two gallons perking away right now, as a matter of fact.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
My favorites are made at our friends' brewery here in Laramie. I prefer the ESB, Kolsch, Altbier that's on now and the honey amber that should have our hops in it later this fall.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Always interesting to see what folks drink and as someone who gains a significant amount of my income from such things I have my opinions.

Something that is interesting industry wide right now is that beer is getting old as most beer has a shelf life and must be disposed of after a certain length of time.. Or if I were buying any beer at this time I would be checking the date code on the can as some is getting old.. The best beer is the beer that gets consumed or if it gets drank it is not destine for my stills - then a few years in med char oak barrels.. Been running a lot and I mean a lot of beer through stills lately (as it is free) distilled beer turns out pretty good after 4 years in a barrel w lots of herbal accents to compliment the oak char and varied malt bill.. Also folks seem to buy it and the bartenders or wait "mixologists" in places men seem to ware man buns buy it up like hotcakes so I will keep makin it lol...

So for me I like fresh beer like pulled directly off a bright tank or canned today off the line fresh as freshness trumps brand most of the time for me.

I dont buy beer much as we trade it in the industry but here are a few that I pay retail for and would recommend.

Cumbre - elevation IPA is one of the best IPA's anywhere as well as their stout those NM boys know what they are doing
Avery - Tweak, uncle jacks, or any of their 18% abv beers as they are barrel aged a few years and it is not easy getting 18-20% abv in a beer.
Bells - hop slam as well others
Founders - has a bunch great knowledgeable guys that produce great beer
Carvers - small brewery in durango Co and they do not package beer have to get it in house but worth it
Casey - In Glenwood springs Co does some cool stuff as well if you like sours and fruit almost a wine but a beer!
Eddyline in Buena Vista = Did a hell of a cherry porter and aged it in once used whisky barrels that then went back and had more whisky aged in them both the whisky and porter were amazing small batch very hard to find (as it was my idea and recipe so had to throw that one in) the barrel aged Java stout is also great if you can ever find it, also the Crank Yanker IPA is selling out all over Colorado right now
SKA - mexican lager = like your corona and pacifico but better and made in durango Co
Melvin - amazing place and vibe those wyo guys have and the 2x4 dipa they make is my go to there

Funny but I only drink maybe one night every other week as I get older I just dont drink much and lately my go to has been the Cumbre as we have a keg that is getting old so it is the right thing to do lol.

V
In addition to me getting over to see you at some point........I think you just gave me the list for my next summer road trip!
Small town brewerypalooza!!