Fall Away arrow rest

Kentucky hunter

Jul 22, 2013
loretto ky
Well guys Im stuck between a Ripcord Code Red fall away rest or the QAD Ultra Rest fall away wanting to try one but cant make up my mind on witch one to choose any input would be great Thanks

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I shot the ripcord model before the code red and now have a QAD. I personally like aspects of both. I like the metal V (where the arrow sits) of the ripcord better than the plastic V the QAD has, but I like the QAD because it doesn't drop if you have to let your bow down. If I had to choose again, I'd go with the QAD again if it was between those two. I would also check into trophy taker rests. I almost bought one of those, but couldn't beat the deal on the QAD. I hear limb drivers from vapor trail are good, but I've never used one.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
I have ZERO experience with the code red but have run the QAD on my last two bows (Hoyt AM 32 & my new Hoyt CST) with very good results.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I've shot and owned both the rests you mentioned and wouldn't have a problem buying another one. The only difference is when you let down on the QAD it'll stay in the up position. You might also want too take a look at the AAE DOA rest.

goinhuntn

Aug 4, 2012
I have ripcord code red on my hoyt factor & have not had any negative issues with it. It is a great rest! You can't go wrong with either!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
QAD here and like mentioned above the rest stays up when you let down. That was the difference that lead me to get the QAD. Both are good rests.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I have ZERO experience with the code red but have run the QAD on my last two bows (Hoyt AM 32 & my new Hoyt CST) with very good results.
^^^ This for me as well. I firmly believe switching to the QAD greatly improved my accuracy and grouping, especially out past 40 yards.

D.Turvey Jr

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Feb 11, 2014
Powell, WY
I've shot and owned both and I lean towards the Code Red. Easy to tune, bulletproof design, great customer service, quiet, etc. Never had an issue with them. That said, I never had and issue with my QAD either. Probably the perfect post for not helping you out at all, lol. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I have shot thousands of shots through my trophy taker sl rest with no problems. You can pick it up for $40, it is light weight, and very reliable. I'd say its the best deal on the market for drop away rests by far.

mnhoundman

Veteran member
Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
Guys thanks for everything QAD on the way can I install this by myself or should I take it an have it installed?
I would recommend having a archery shop put it on so they could tune it in for ya, unless you have the equipment to do it. They seem like they could be tricky to install unless you know what your doing, I've also had both of those rests and can't complain about either one. Just my 2 cents.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Guys thanks for everything QAD on the way can I install this by myself or should I take it an have it installed?
That really depends on your bow tuning knowledge and tools. If I had the tools, I would do it myself, and have before, but you definitely want to get it set up right. The hardest part is getting the rest to cock correctly as you draw back. This is when it is handy to have a friend watch. If not installed where the rest cocks all the way at full draw, it won't drop at all. Getting your center shot is easy, but splitting the cable and making sure it cocks is a different story. If it is your first time, have someone do it for you to make sure its done right and have them explain the steps to you as they are doing it.