Colorado Leftover and Over-the-Counter (OTC) Licenses Coming Up in August

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
There are no perfect systems. This one works just fine.
The hunters who turned those high-point tags back in obviously had some unforseen issues pop up.
Now you have a chance to apply for them ... good for you.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
The hunters who turned those high-point tags back in obviously had some unforseen issues pop up.
I think it's great that they offer the permits up after they are turned in. I don't think Wyoming does that. However, I do think they should have to use their preference points for the tags. I'm sure plenty of guys would be willing to burn their points for them and that would help out the entire draw system.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

My wife literally just texted me and told me how broken the Colorado system is. I got news for you buddy...Shes never wrong. lmao

Your right about 1 thing for sure though....Good for me.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I think it's great that they offer the permits up after they are turned in. I don't think Wyoming does that. However, I do think they should have to use their preference points for the tags. I'm sure plenty of guys would be willing to burn their points for them and that would help out the entire draw system.
No arguement there. Makes sense.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If you learn the system you will learn how those tags end back into the list. Nothing complicated or broken.

I would like for those tags to go to those hunters who are next in line from the draw but that's not how Colorado's draws work.

Reactions: Winchester

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
If you learn the system you will learn how those tags end back into the list. Nothing complicated or broken.

I would like for those tags to go to those hunters who are next in line from the draw but that's not how Colorado's draws work.
But just to be clear, it isn't broken. Thats just not how it was intended to work. o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO:

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Man, it can be frustrating = Co is what it is and there are lots of folks that will be super excited tomorrow when they get a tag.. A lot of folks are after cow/bear tags w several available or ya got a better shot there than the 10+ point tags that will no doubt go to bots..

I have said it and I will say it again the worst part is that cpw is screwing residents over as we should get a minimum of 75% of all returned tags. Many times residents are drawing 0% of the returned tags and that is just not reasonable…

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Man, it can be frustrating = Co is what it is and there are lots of folks that will be super excited tomorrow when they get a tag.. A lot of folks are after cow/bear tags w several available or ya got a better shot there than the 10+ point tags that will no doubt go to bots..

I have said it and I will say it again the worst part is that cpw is screwing residents over as we should get a minimum of 75% of all returned tags. Many times residents are drawing 0% of the returned tags and that is just not reasonable…

Sorry that you don’t like the current system but at least now you have a chance to apply for them ... good for you.

And don’t forget that nobody is forcing you to apply, or do anything else against your will ... call 911.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
System is what it is.

It could be improved as now it is very unfair to residents but I don’t mind the way it is. With that said it might be because I have killed 2 - 200+ bucks and an almost 190” on returned licenses in the past 6-8 years 😂👍. Got my tag in hand already this year so not playin the game.. Add in the 3 bulls my wife and I have killed on them = no reason for me to call 911 after filling the freezer 6 times and burning 0 points. Is what it is…

Again if you think you are getting the best 10+ point tag it’s not going to happen unless you pony up the cash for the bot guy…. Now if you look at less “blue chip” areas stress putting in the work over an area’s reputation things work out….

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
System is what it is.

It could be improved as now it is very unfair to residents but I don’t mind the way it is. With that said it might be because I have killed 2 - 200+ bucks and an almost 190” on returned licenses in the past 6-8 years 😂👍. Got my tag in hand already this year so not playin the game.. Add in the 3 bulls my wife and I have killed on them = no reason for me to call 911 after filling the freezer 6 times and burning 0 points. Is what it is…

Again if you think you are getting the best 10+ point tag it’s not going to happen unless you pony up the cash for the bot guy…. Now if you look at less “blue chip” areas stress putting in the work over an area’s reputation things work out….
How does someone find "the bot guy"? First I have heard of something like that. I'm asking out of curiosity as I have no desire for a Colorado tag this year.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
You are not the only one who scored a bull tag today. Both you and I are happy man…….

First rifle bull for me.. Now I just got to figure out what end of a rifle the bullet comes out of. I guess ya only make that mistake once! 😳😂🤦🏼‍♂️