Bino Pack

dito

Feb 22, 2011
Alamosa, CO
I just ordered one of these yesterday:http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/binopack.htm

I was looking at the badlands one but didn't seem like it would work with another pack. Searching the web I found this one. I'll let you guys know how it works out. If you call to order one be careful the owner will talk your ear off so make sure you have some time to talk hunting!

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I love my badlands bino harness. It will work well with a pack on, but I did cut out the hydration carrier in the back so it would be more comfortable. You will like not having to clean your binos off all the time now. Both are great products.

ceby7

Feb 21, 2011
Laurel, MT
If your just looking to keep dirt and water/snow off your binoculars, try the bino-shield from Crooked Horn Outfitters. I use one with the bino system and it works great. It also helps keep your binos close to your chest when your crawling.

dito

Feb 22, 2011
Alamosa, CO
I love my badlands bino harness. It will work well with a pack on, but I did cut out the hydration carrier in the back so it would be more comfortable. You will like not having to clean your binos off all the time now. Both are great products.
Yeah my new binos I got the covers don't stay on very good. So I figured I had to do something!

dito

Feb 22, 2011
Alamosa, CO
Just got this today. It looks pretty good and fits good. There is a pocket in the front, two on the sides, and one on the back. Looks like I could probably fit my gps and camera in the front pocket. I tried it on with my pack didn't have any issues. I'll use it turkey hunting this weekend depending on the weather. I think I am really going to like not having to fuss with taking the covers on and off when I want to glass. Here are some pics.

Attachments

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I just saw an ad for a bino case that has a cover for a range finder that magnetizes to the bino case to hold your rangefinder close also. And it has a tether in case your range finder falls from the magnets, looked pretty cool.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
You know I have always wondered about this new fad of high power magnets in hunting clothes, and accessories. Its no wonder you hear more and more about the lost hunters that NEVER get lost!!. Bet they had magnets in their fold over mittens and the compass always pointed south!! LOL haha

Jarom974

Aug 6, 2011
Idaho
I just ordered the S4Gear Lockdown harness. Can't wait for it to get here. Guy did a review in a recent mag, nothing but good things to say about em.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I like the S4 Lockdown too. It's comfortable, works with many packs, versatile, and it's inexpensive. I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

IL Hntr

Feb 26, 2011
Southern Illinois
I have the S4 Lockdown and while I haven't hunted with it yet, I have done a lot of hiking with my Kuiu Icon 6000 on along with the Lockdown. It has worked well and I really like it so far. I often wear it while shooting my bow too. It is comfortable and I like not having to mess with any eye piece covers. My covers didn't stay on very good so I wanted to try this out. Will be using it in the backcountry for 8 days very soon and will see if it is a keeper. All indications are good so far.

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
I just ordered one of these yesterday:http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/binopack.htm

I was looking at the badlands one but didn't seem like it would work with another pack. Searching the web I found this one. I'll let you guys know how it works out. If you call to order one be careful the owner will talk your ear off so make sure you have some time to talk hunting!
I would consider that one but it looks like my binos won't fit; mine are 10x45.

Here is a bino harness I just picked up.

http://www.fhfgear.com/Hunt.php

They are made in Bozeman Mt by a local PD officer. I have been very very pleased with mine, binos dont swing around or bounce and lenses are protected. Paul put 2 small pockets on each side for wind puff,calls etc as well. Take a look at them, he is also very willing to work with you on custom features for any of his products.

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Here is a bino harness I just picked up.

http://www.fhfgear.com/Hunt.php

They are made in Bozeman Mt by a local PD officer. I have been very very pleased with mine, binos dont swing around or bounce and lenses are protected. Paul put 2 small pockets on each side for wind puff,calls etc as well. Take a look at them, he is also very willing to work with you on custom features for any of his products.
Paul makes high-quality stuff! Also check out his bearspray holster! He made a buddy a custom MOLLE compatible revolver holster as well. I think you meant local Deputy Sheriff though. ;)