Bino Pack

toadbrown

Oct 2, 2011
Ah. I do like some of the features of the badlands one better. I just didn't like that it would probably not work too well with another pack on.
I had the Crooked Horn setup with the the bino cover, and the cover was a big pain in the ass when using your binos as often as you do when antelope hunting. I have the Badlands now and would never go back. The ease of accessing your binos is awesome! JMO

ID_MW

Apr 17, 2011
Central ID
I used the Sitka Gear bino bivy this year and was fairly disappointed with the product. I hope that Sitka figures this one out, because it boasts a few nice features too. I really liked the low profile mesh harness, which was really cool and comfortable especially when worn while shouldering a pack. I liked that they coupled the magnetic closure with a water-resistant zipper, but both the magnets (fairly ineffective), and zipper (fragile and finicky) need upgrades. The softshell material the case is made of is a magnet for dirt, but does shed water more effectively than my Badlands bino pack. The case overall is small, and I am not sure if you could fit a pair of 50's in it very well; my 42's were snug. Inside the case is a flexible partition, which seems to catch and impede the glasses consistently, frustrating me to the point of considering cutting it out. My pack developed a squeak at the torso clip attachment, a constant nusiance; even my normal breathing was accompanied with a audible creaking. I had to use moleskin in the field to remedy the issue, which was time NOT well spent. I did like the two small side cargo compartments however, which seemed to hold my wind checker and an open reed call securely and accessible. The retail price is silly, but what else would you expect from Sitka ($99), I found mine for $65 and thought I would give them a go; glad I did because now I know what I truly demand out of a binocular pack.

beav906

Apr 18, 2011
Bend, OR
I use the s4. Works great.i put it through the ringer. Stays in place and out of the way. Rides under a pack beautifully and works flawlessly when getting in and out to view