Anyone buy a new bow this year?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
It has not been 10 years since I got the last one. lol

General rule of thumb for me.

I hate buying new bows. Its depressing.

I might splurge for a different release this year. Not 100% on that either.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have strongly considered a new one over the past year. I really like some of the new Hoyt models but they are more than I want to spend. I'll probably stick with my 13 year old bow that still seems to get the job done if I do my part.

Reactions: okie archer

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The last bow that I purchased was 25 years ago and while it is heaver than the newer ones it still works quite well when I pull it out and send some arrows down to the targets.

But then again I haven't bow hunted in 6 years.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I bought a Matthews Triax last year. First new bow in 10 years. Always shot a bowtech, but instantly wanted this once it was in my hand. Wasn’t even looking to buy a new one. Dam bow salesman!

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
I still have the same RPM 360 I bought in 2015. Killd a ton (literal tons) of animals with it in 12 diff states.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I ordered a Bowtech Revolt X the other day. First new bow I've bought in 10 years. Well....actually first new bow I've ever bought. Always bought used before. I'm looking forward to getting it.

MileHighTiger

Nov 16, 2020
Denver, CO
Hey guys! Anyone buy a new bow this year?
Actually got one yesterday! I went with the Mission MXR in the original Realtree. First bow, and I shot a Hoyt and Bear along with it, and for the money, I couldn't tell the difference between the Hoyt and the Mission. Set it at 60# and shot about 40 arrows all in before I started getting a little fatigued. Really excited to set up a target in the backyard and start shooting every day!

okie archer

Feb 5, 2015
Coweta, Oklahoma
Last new bow i bought was in 2009. I bought a leftover 2008 Bowtech 82 airborne. I have killed 3 Black Bears, a Pronghorn, several Whitetail including a couple P&Y, a few turkeys, coyotes, bobcats, grouse, ducks. It does the job. Although I do admit I would like a new one. I have hunted 12 seasons with it. I want to at least hold out and use it for 15 seasons then maybe I will upgrade.
Right now my gear priorities include a good spotter and a good scope. Leaning hard toward Leupold on both of them so I dont think a new bow is in the plans right now.

Tim Hughes

Jan 31, 2012
Sonoma County
We lost our home in a Northern California wildfire last year and I lost all of my hunting gear. I would have hunted with my Mathews Creed for 5 more years since I hate New bows if the old one is still doing what it's supposed to. I bought a new Mathews V3 and can't say enough good things about it! I would have never spent that kind of money if not for my homeowners insurance.