Another bear attack

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I don't have many details but a hunter was killed by a bear near the Chisana river. I know that Tok air flew the person into the field. I've flown into that area many times.
The guide that I knew in the area is no longer in business, thank goodness!
Prayers go out for the persons family.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If it is the story that I read there are very few details except that the hunter was hunting moose.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
If it is the story that I read there are very few details except that the hunter was hunting moose.
It is a good moose area.

We had a wild brown bear break into our local zoo last night. It killed an alpaca! F&G killed the bear!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I got a little more info on this story because I know a guy who spoke to the mans (who was killed) cousin.

The victim's hunting buddy was there with him at the time of the attack and shot/shot at the bear....unloading his rifle but the bear had already done his damage. Then the guy had to sit there for a day and a half waiting for help to arrive due to bad weather.

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
I got a little more info on this story because I know a guy who spoke to the mans (who was killed) cousin.

The victim's hunting buddy was there with him at the time of the attack and shot/shot at the bear....unloading his rifle but the bear had already done his damage. Then the guy had to sit there for a day and a half waiting for help to arrive due to bad weather.
That would be a tough sit. What a terrible adventure. Prayers for the buddy and all families involved. That is the risk of grizz country. Wow!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
4 friends went to Alaska. They split into 2 groups.

All 4 of the guys killed bull moose. This was the last bull they killed.

The deceased and his friend were butchering the bull when the bear sprung on them.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
well........... always being one to look for the bright side ................ it was certainly a memorable hunt.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan

That is horrible, I can just imagine all the things going through his mind for a day and a half.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I don't have many details but a hunter was killed by a bear near the Chisana river. I know that Tok air flew the person into the field. I've flown into that area many times.
The guide that I knew in the area is no longer in business, thank goodness!
Prayers go out for the persons family.
my dondolences, and i hope that outfitter rots in hell!

• Wow
Reactions: mallardsx2