Another bear attack

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Anchorage Alaska
I don't have many details but a hunter was killed by a bear near the Chisana river. I know that Tok air flew the person into the field. I've flown into that area many times.
The guide that I knew in the area is no longer in business, thank goodness!
Prayers go out for the persons family.

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If it is the story that I read there are very few details except that the hunter was hunting moose.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I got a little more info on this story because I know a guy who spoke to the mans (who was killed) cousin.

The victim's hunting buddy was there with him at the time of the attack and shot/shot at the bear....unloading his rifle but the bear had already done his damage. Then the guy had to sit there for a day and a half waiting for help to arrive due to bad weather.

• Sad
Reactions: Bonecollector

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
I got a little more info on this story because I know a guy who spoke to the mans (who was killed) cousin.

The victim's hunting buddy was there with him at the time of the attack and shot/shot at the bear....unloading his rifle but the bear had already done his damage. Then the guy had to sit there for a day and a half waiting for help to arrive due to bad weather.
That would be a tough sit. What a terrible adventure. Prayers for the buddy and all families involved. That is the risk of grizz country. Wow!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
4 friends went to Alaska. They split into 2 groups.

All 4 of the guys killed bull moose. This was the last bull they killed.

The deceased and his friend were butchering the bull when the bear sprung on them.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
well........... always being one to look for the bright side ................ it was certainly a memorable hunt.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan

That is horrible, I can just imagine all the things going through his mind for a day and a half.