75 years old on hospice and got it done

Granby guy

Nov 5, 2012
Grand Lake, Colorado
Well our expectations were pretty low. Would he be able to breathe up there? Would he be able to fulfill a life long dream? Would he die on us up there? Would we actually be able to find a bull that would stand there long enough on the right side of the truck (he couldn’t get out of the truck)?

the answer was yes. Divine intervention? Definitely.

After 32 years of applying he received an email that someone turned a tag back in and if he wanted it. There wasn’t much time to scout but we did what we could.
Opening morning we couldn’t turn up any moose much less a bull next to a road. But then I glassed up a bull that was heading toward a road. I got in front of him to deter him from leaving and we got my friend to a spot where he could see down into the basin. The bull kept circling in there and eventually stopped right below him at 200 yards and he made a perfect shot. We all walked down there in utter amazement at what happened while he remained up in the truck. We packed it out of there and felt grateful having helped him achieve his dream.99C4DC2D-B368-45CD-831B-70103DE3B907.jpeg99C4DC2D-B368-45CD-831B-70103DE3B907.jpegDE264CE8-67F0-4913-A749-245C136D0532.jpeg200952CC-8B85-4578-9AE9-4855BD46871C.jpeg

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Well our expectations were pretty low. Would he be able to breathe up there? Would he be able to fulfill a life long dream? Would he die on us up there? Would we actually be able to find a bull that would stand there long enough on the right side of the truck (he couldn’t get out of the truck)?

the answer was yes. Divine intervention? Definitely.

After 32 years of applying he received an email that someone turned a tag back in and if he wanted it. There wasn’t much time to scout but we did what we could.
Opening morning we couldn’t turn up any moose much less a bull next to a road. But then I glassed up a bull that was heading toward a road. I got in front of him to deter him from leaving and we got my friend to a spot where he could see down into the basin. The bull kept circling in there and eventually stopped right below him at 200 yards and he made a perfect shot. We all walked down there in utter amazement at what happened while he remained up in the truck. We packed it out of there and felt grateful having helped him achieve his dream.View attachment 41592View attachment 41592View attachment 41593View attachment 41594
This is a make your day kind of thread! Very cool!