2020 Whitetail Success Thread

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
My dad has the same exact gun. Both our guns are VERY accurate for a pump action guns. Its the one thing I can honestly say my dad for sure wasn't wrong about. Dad said, "There is no better deer rifle than the 760 gamemaster, got mine back in 69 with a sling, scope and 2 boxes of shells for $150". I heard him say that 50 times in my life...

I had a guy at the local bar ask me if my "old man still had that gamemaster?".
I said "yeah"
He smiled and said "I figured". He then said he used to run with my old man back in the day and my dad was "one of the finest shots I have ever seen at the Running deer shoot I dont recommend that you ever get into a gun fight with your dad"

I just laughed and said " Noted "

"Tell your dad the guy, 40 years ago, who was driving the truck that day pulling the plywood deer across the field said hello"

Later that year when I asked dad about it he said "didn't recall ever doing something so stupid or dangerous" lol

Then he chuckled and said "Well, I certainly didn't drive the truck..."

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I have rem 7600 in .30-06 that was handed down from my dad. This gun replaced the 760 in remingtons lineup around 1980. My dad bought the gun new when he started hunting Missouri deer season with a co-worker. It is very accurate even with the cheap Tasco scope. I need to replace the hard plastic butt end piece with a remcoil or limbsaver pad so its more enjoyable to shoot.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
They do kick hard. Especially with those plastic butt pads. lol

Don't loose the magazine for it. You'll wish you hadn't... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Jeepers Cats.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Got this guy last night. 172.5” gross with 40” of mass. 2020 has been a bad year in a lot of ways, but the hunting has been great for me. AK caribou and a great buck to finish the hunting season. Buddy gave me the buck’s sheds he found last year.

Attachments

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Got this guy last night. 172.5” gross with 40” of mass. 2020 has been a bad year in a lot of ways, but the hunting has been great for me. AK caribou and a great buck to finish the hunting season. Buddy gave me the buck’s sheds he found last year.
Good to see you mcseal. How is the predator hunting coming along? I'm still bowhunting whitetail, but have my gear packed for coyotes in about 30 days. Weather has not been good here

Reactions: mcseal2

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Good to hear from you too. I’m getting ready to go after the yotes. Checking the zero on the AR tomorrow and the Foxpro is charging. Between the caribou hunt and deer season I have not got much predator hunting done.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Nice buck McSeal2

Reactions: mcseal2

sigpros

Very Active Member
Aug 10, 2011
missouri
The boy tagged 3 this year. A doe in Wyoming then we had a special youth management hunt he drew. Shot a big doe at 254 yards. The next night (it’s a 2 day hunt) he finally got a wall hanger. His nicest buck so far. At 262 yards. In the same spot as the big doe.

Attachments

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
We had fun but not the best Whitetail season this year - took my 80+ yo dad along. Too hot during archery. Too hot during the week we were gonna go so did a long weekend first cold snap - seen plenty, few bucks - dad shot a 4 pt and I flinch missed a dark buck, never saw his rack just body. Then missed another deer and questioned my gun - it was dead on. Shot 2 does with it and missed another. Hung up 3006 and got a 350 Legend - shot 2 does with that, not a deer flattener but got full penetration and the one deer that ran left a decent trail.

Attachments