2017 Nevada Draw Results Coming Soon!!!!!

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I know I'm not the only one that's already planning for this fall so here's my idea for this year.
Since I can't apply for buck antelope til 2019 I'm thinking of applying for a doe antelope. The odds are very good for the unit group 50/50. The dates overlap for muzzleloader buck season and with my bonus points I also have a 50/50 chance of drawing. The 2 areas are separated by hiway 93 so it would be very convenient.
Then the usual bighorn 11 points, mtn goat 11 points, cow elk and bull elk only 3 points.
Hopefully I'll have another very busy hunting season between my own tags, my sons tags and my brother in AZ.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I love to antelope hunt. We always set up a fun camp and out of 4-5 of us someone always draws a doe tag. I great time and very low pressure to fill tags.

If you draw. Goat tag let me know. We hunted a great spot last year. Plan on going early, don't wait the snow is miserable up there.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Thanks for the offer, you guys were in a different unit than I apply for.
I remember seeing those pics and it looked like you guys had a wonderful time in that snow.:rolleyes:
We have a spot where we have seen the goats year after year and the terrain is not bad as far as goat country goes. A couple of years ago my son had a goat feeding within 40 yards of him during bow season. It's just a matter of whether I live long enough to draw the tag. I may end up living vicariously though my son who also has 11 bonus points.

Last edited:

geargrinder

Feb 24, 2015
Dayton, NV
Looks like they are starting to put out last year's draw odd statistics. All of the placeholders are there, just waiting for the links to go live.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Awesome! Ready to start looking back at an old hunting spot I stopped hunting a few years ago because of loose lips and the trophy quality went down hill due to the pressure.

I plan on a scouting trip or two and have big hopes of this area coming back.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Awesome. Since I got the big ZIPO in Wy I'm counting on Nv to get me out hunting.

Archery Mule Deer first choice
Rifle early bull elk
Rifle doe antelope
All sheep rifle
Mt Goat early rifle

Hoping for somthing. Tired of being the pack mule last year! I need a fix!!!

Extrapale

Mar 18, 2014
Oregon
Anybody hear about a waiting period change? I saw some residents claiming elk is now 7 years and pronghorn is 3. My elk still says 10. Wondering if its a resident only thing or bs all together?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

geargrinder

Feb 24, 2015
Dayton, NV
Anybody hear about a waiting period change? I saw some residents claiming elk is now 7 years and pronghorn is 3. My elk still says 10. Wondering if its a resident only thing or bs all together?

Thanks for saying something. Looks to be true.

http://www.ndow.org/Hunt/Resources/Eligibility/

Bull Elk tags. Once you draw, you have to wait 7 years, harvest or not.

Same with Antelope. 3 year wait, harvest or not.

Last edited:

geargrinder

Feb 24, 2015
Dayton, NV
Just pulled up my account. It is kind of jacked up right now.

I drew a drew a cow elk tag in 2011 and have 4 bonus points, and am in a waiting period until 2021???

Last edited:

mjc

Apr 6, 2012
Just pulled up my account. It is kind of jacked up right now.

I drew a drew a cow elk tag in 2011 and have 4 bonus points, and am in a waiting period until 2021???
Yeah, my buddy's account showed the same thing. I'm thinking it's a glitch. I harvested a cow in 2015 and it says I'm eligible.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
One good thing about the change is that I can apply for buck antelope this year instead of having to wait until 2019.
I think mtn goat and bighorn shoud be changed back to one in a lifetime though.

Extrapale

Mar 18, 2014
Oregon
My elk eligibility has not changed. It is still at 10 years. Non resident. The link above didn't specify residency.