2017 Nevada Draw Results Coming Soon!!!!!

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Well maybe I'll get to hunt in 2017. 3 weeks ago broke my collarbone. Ended the summer rodeo schedule and bowhuntin

Will return my deer tag, get my points and a refund since its medical purposes.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
That sucks. It's no wonder that old cowboys always walk with a hitch in their step or unable to stand up completely straight. You're a much tougher man than me that's for sure.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Sorry to hear about that velvet. You guys who ride bulls are tough!
I never knew it was broke. Just stung and a dull sore ache. Wasn't until I took the shirt off I thought of goin to the er. I'm cleared to move my arm all around, doesn't hurt, just can't lift anything over 5 pounds. Haven't take any pain meds. Really surprised at how good it feels.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
That sucks. It's no wonder that old cowboys always walk with a hitch in their step or unable to stand up completely straight. You're a much tougher man than me that's for sure.
Workin on a ranch and ridin Bulls aren't easy on the body. But when you get old doin no matter what you still get arthritis and complain about your back lol.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Sorry to here that velvet. I just got bad news of my own tonight seperated my shoulder in a softball game. So early season bow hunting here in Michigan probably out find out after seeing the orthopedic surgeon how long ill be sidelined

JScams

Jun 14, 2015
Reno/Sparks/Tahoe
Nothing in main draw but managed a Doe tag area 6 in 2nd draw. Happy just to be hunting and to get a chance at some meat. Taking two of my boys on their first big game hunt as well. More excited for that than anything...Anyone else have any luck on 2nd draw?

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
It's never too early to start planning for this years' hunts. Got back to working out after a couple of weeks downtime over the holidays.
This year I have 11 bonus points for Mtn goat and 11 points for desert bighorn.
In the bighorn area I apply for the lowest bonus points successful draw last year was 3 points, the highest was 16 points. 2 people that had 17 bonus points were unsuccessful so I may have a chance.
The Mtn goat area I apply for I may never draw. The one person who drew the tag had 18 bonus points and there were 10 applicants that had 23 bonus points that were unsuccessful.
At 53 I only have so much time left to draw these 2 tags while I can still hunt them.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Definitely not too early, to start planning! I have 11 points for mtn goat, CA & desert sheep, odds aren't great but increasing, I know one year I'll get lucky! I have 2 deer points and 3 lope so I have high hopes this year after taking a few years off. Put a new scope on my rifle this past weekend and picked up some new bow accessories and arrows so needless to say I am excited and getting an early start. I will definitely be spending the next two months going back and forth on what units and hunts to put in for, especially for deer and antelope.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Here we go was just thinking about this thread the other day and how we missed out goal last year

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
I hope I have time to elk hunt in Nevada this year. It's gonna be tough to squeeze in the time between my Az unit 27 rifle hunt , and my Utah San Juan rut hunt. Oh, wait a minute. Just woke up. Probably won't live long enough to get enough points to hunt any of these states. Dang. Just gonna keep sending in the ol license fees. The poor starving game biologists are depending on us!