2016 Antelope Thread with Pictures

270shooter

Sep 10, 2016
Here's my opening day Montana goat from unit 215, won't set any records but public land in a new unit and I wasn't going to pass him up.IMG_0506.jpg

mntnguide

Very Active Member
My wyoming goat this year. .I should have waited for the migration that is now going, but I have a happy trigger finger when it comes to antelope hunting. Was able to put down this buck with 1 shot at 360...and a doe as well...now I am focused on big snowbound bulls to fill my elk tag.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

maninthemaze

Apr 4, 2016
Kentucky
Wyoming area 21. Shot at 482 yards with 35mph wind blowing straight at me with my 7wsm. Berger 180 hunting VLD entered at base of neck and left shoulder junction, exited right rear quarter.

Not a record breaker by any means but will definitely put meat in the freezer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

300magman

Oct 23, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Great goats everyone, some real crankers so far!

Here's my 2016 Alberta buck, its about 12-15 years to get drawn for antelope here, so glad I was able to get it done. Wont break any records, but im happy with him. Was shot a couple miles north of the montana border.

Attachments

mattdeere

Jul 27, 2013
Central California
Got Back from Wyoming last weekend. Shot this buck after looking over dozens of nice ones. Not the biggest buck but I'm happy with him. Had to pack him out to the road. Shot him in the chest and found the bullet lodged in his rear end. Pretty good penetration from the Barnes TTSX bullet. IMG_0947.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0990.jpgIMG_0991.jpg

rcfireninja

Mar 3, 2014
Rapid City, SD
IMG_3821.jpgIMG_3834.jpgIMG_3802.jpgIMG_3846.jpg

We took these antelope in South Dakota on opening day of rifle season this year. We could have been done within 2 hours of opening light. I tried to hold out for later in the day to find a larger buck than my friends. It was my son's first buck of any kind.