2014 NV Hunting Thread

mt-mike

Jul 16, 2011
Helena, Montana
Here's a phone picture of the 16+" buck I helped my friend with in Nevada last Thursday. I still have my good pictures in my camera and will post the story in the antelope thread as soon as I get unpacked and squared away.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv

Well no luck. Some Vegas guys (Andrew we need to talk lol) decided that they would drive their quads through my bucks core area. They said they wouldn't bother him or my area 3 weeks earlier but they apparently decided to go back on their word. I know its public land and they can hunt him also, but you don't drive your vehicle through a hunting area some guy has been hunting for 10 days IMO.

So SFT went nocturnal and abandoned all his buddies but one. So I am hoping he can stay away from hunters this year and make it through. If he does, I think he could maybe break the 180 barrier next year.

The dead head is a buck I chased last year. He must have died just after I got done archery hunting last year. But I got his antlers. I was hopeful he would make it last year and be a stud this year also. He went in the low 150's score wise. So I got some good antlers to keep this year also so it was a good year. Good luck to you guys. Got another buck that if my bro can't get him with a muzzy, should be a giant next year. Be is already about 180 gross 4x5 with a 4" cheater.

Hope everyone else has a good season, now its time to get ready for ducks and shed and dream of velvet bucks for 12 months ;)

Last edited:

Caseyu

Aug 27, 2012
Reno, NV
I definitely agree with you velvet. But let's face it, now days most people are out for themselves and that's it. Awesome dead head find. Keep the spirits just maybe he was supposed to be pushed out because your going to wack the ol' bruiser that has went under the radar for years!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Ya they are gonna be toads coming out of Ely for sure. I'll be there in Dec chasing slick heads but I hope to see some monster bulls.

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
20140905_063614[1].jpg

20140905_064624[1].jpg

20140905_070513[1].jpg

Some pics from this past weekend.....wild game won this years battle in a huge lopsided a$$ whooping! Had a blast just the same....until next archery deer season!!!