2014 NV Hunting Thread

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
velvetfvrPassed the tall basket 4x3 at 68 yards. He is a cool looking and good buck. But I decided I just wanted my big buck or go home.[/QUOTE said:
How big do you want? That buck has got to score 180+!

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Are you done velvet?
Friends that were with me this trip that had tags plan on going back Labor Day. So I may have a chance at him and may have an experienced big muley hunter friend of mine come up also. So of the weather is good, the big boy should be riding in the bed of the truck in a couple weeks ;)

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Trophy quality was down. Top three bucks were a 4x2, 4x3 (both pictured) and about a 170 4 point that I got to 80 yards but couldn't get a shot and they moved into the Thick timber without me realizing. Had some close encounters and it was fun just just not a great year for deer, for my area at least! Saw some decent bulls though!
View attachment 10277View attachment 10278View attachment 10279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just kill the "one" next year lol. This year was really weird

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Friends that were with me this trip that had tags plan on going back Labor Day. So I may have a chance at him and may have an experienced big muley hunter friend of mine come up also. So of the weather is good, the big boy should be riding in the bed of the truck in a couple weeks ;)
Do you have a lope tag as well?

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Do you have a lope tag as well?
Archery but unless I miss 3 more days of school I can't go back. Sucks because I found a 82-83" buck the last day I was up there and know his water. You can fly up here tonight and we can go if you want? LOL

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Just got back from my first trip up for archery, pretty disappointing. Walked 4 miles up only to be greeted by 200 head of sheep in the bowl we hunt in. Deer that were there the week before were long gone, made us have to put a lot more miles on our boots during the day but still only saw one buck. I had heard deer hate sheep but man I didn't think it was that bad.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Went to a big basin up in the Ruby's a couple of years ago while bowhunting and saw sheep like this. Not a deer anywhere near. The area usually has quite a few deer in it.

JasonGNV

Very Active Member
Jul 17, 2013
Smith
This is my target, out of 8 days hunting deer only 2 were hard hunting. Weather kept me from packing in and quad issues kept me stuck fixing that. This is a buck from last year that I did get to sneak on this year, 70yds and wind swirled. His brother is in there too, I'm gonna be back before seasons over.

Attachments

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
This is my target, out of 8 days hunting deer only 2 were hard hunting. Weather kept me from packing in and quad issues kept me stuck fixing that. This is a buck from last year that I did get to sneak on this year, 70yds and wind swirled. His brother is in there too, I'm gonna be back before seasons over.
Fought issues with our side by side also. Did the bucks act weird the first couple days of season with the crappy weather?

JasonGNV

Very Active Member
Jul 17, 2013
Smith
With the mega moon and storms the bucks were really weird. Once that all passed the got back into their normal routine. Saw 3 hard horned/grey bucks with bright red velvet bucks. Really weird.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
With the mega moon and storms the bucks were really weird. Once that all passed the got back into their normal routine. Saw 3 hard horned/grey bucks with bright red velvet bucks. Really weird.
I didn't see any hard horned or any grey yet. But they were weird the first 4 days of season for me. Last 3 they were back to normal August Nv Muleys

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Got my grandpas friend on this lope yesterday and 258 yard shot ended the hunt at 8am. Found the buck and he walked 500 yards from the truck. Sent my grandpas friend (who is in his 80's) over the ridge and he smoked him. Probably the last Nv buck pronghorn hunt he will ever get to go on as the tag holder. Decent buck, not huge but would score around 60-65 with the amount of mass he has. But it was a fun hunt listening to 2 old hunters talk and we got a good goat. Unit 031

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
Got my grandpas friend on this lope yesterday and 258 yard shot ended the hunt at 8am. Found the buck and he walked 500 yards from the truck. Sent my grandpas friend (who is in his 80's) over the ridge and he smoked him. Probably the last Nv buck pronghorn hunt he will ever get to go on as the tag holder. Decent buck, not huge but would score around 60-65 with the amount of mass he has. But it was a fun hunt listening to 2 old hunters talk and we got a good goat. Unit 031

That's awesome right there.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
I have a buddy named Blake who is on a roll with the antelope, he is a sub guide and they have friends and clients with tags. They rolled 4 or 5 in the last couple days. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408918707.224902.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408918719.802802.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408918727.637704.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408918735.022222.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408918743.982989.jpg