SUCCESSFUL! NEW MEXICO ANT-1-103 (unit16)

CHSNGSTLHD

Jun 8, 2011
"Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2011 - 2012 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): ANT-1-103" :)

Has anybody drew this tag before? I think I will be "assigned" to a specific ranch to hunt? I am not really sure how that works.

NM_Archer

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
I drew that tag 4 yrs ago. You will be getting a letter in the mail in the next month or 2 with the landowners contact information. So to answer your question, yes you will be issued a ranch to hunt on. My experience was very possitive with the ranch I was assigned to. I killed a great 17" buck the last day with my riffle after spending a day and a half chasing them with my bow. Congrats on the tag!

rws

May 30, 2011
Red Bluff, CA
New Mexico Antelope

Any antelope tag in NM is great with their system. I hunted another unit on an assigned ranch. You will hunt anywhere on the place that the paid hunters can. You will be what they call the public hunters on the ranch. After the season the dept. will send you a survey letter to make sure you were treated fairly. Quality of ranches vary but you will see antelope. Let us know how it went.

Good luck, Bob