Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I have slowly been able to work my way back to my spring goal of 20 pullups and 40 pushups to start my day. Each year it takes me longer to get there, but at least I still can. The pullups was the # needed for a max score as part of the Marine Corps PFT. The other part were 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes, and a 3 mile run in 18 minutes. I could still max the whole thing until around age 50, but had to stop doing sit-ups due to a back injury, and to stop running because of arthritis. Still not too bad for 47 years after my discharge.
Back at the gun range; A week of very warm weather has melted most of the snow, and the high school trap team is on their 3rd week of practice, and league scores start next week. Most of the coaches shot their first round of the season (with many of the HS kids watching), and my hope was to not embarass myself like I did last year. Behold, I pulled off a 24, and knew that I missed a perfect score as soon as I pulled the trigger.
I hope to be as active as you when I hit your age keep up the good work

Reactions: RICMIC

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I just saw the intro for MTNTOUGH Preseason Prep 2.0. This should be awesome. I'm planning to do the fitness test Friday and will then start PP20 when it rolls out Monday. 16 weeks May through August, and then go hunting September 1. Perfect timing.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Ran on Monday 2.5 miles
Sick on Tuesday Wednesday
Last two days rode stationary bike as my road bike was at the shop getting a tune up before the race on the 13th

Reactions: RICMIC

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Duatholon went well saturday finished in 1 hour 47 mins which was only 10 mins slower then last year I was happy with that

Reactions: tim

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Been so busy the last few weeks I have neglected this thread. However, I have not neglected my workouts. Still hitting the gym 5 days a week, today was jerk/curls/rows.

Reactions: marcusvdk

sigpros

Very Active Member
Aug 10, 2011
missouri
Glad to see you boys are still after it! Man I’ve fell off the wagon in every way. Gained about 40 pounds only went hunting 2 days last year, a day apiece with my kids. And went fishing one day. Just getting killed at work 12 hour days 6-7 days a week. Trying to plan some kind of hunt with my this fall. We can’t seem to draw a tag anywhere seriously thinking about a fall Turkey hunt. But dang that’s even getting hard to get a tag out of state. Keep after it fellas and I hope you all fill your tags this fall

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I haven't been exercising much after returning from a week long canoe trip. I got all the workouts that I needed then, but have been way too busy fixing stuff this past week. On the positive side, my garage floor repair project is a day after day workout that is finally showing positive results. Patching holes & cracks, then sanding for hours to level the surface, then fitting the 100 pound rolls of matting. I should have taken a "before" picture, but will post an "after pic" when complete. When this is done I plan to jump start my pack training in prep. for my Oct. caribou hunt.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Here's some pics of the flooring project. I didn't take any of the holes and cracks before I patched them, but that was the hardest part of the project. I have moved on to the maintenance staining/sealcoat of my log buildings that require some touchup annually.
For exercise, I have been out making a circuit of my lake most mornings on my kayak, and have also started pack training in prep for my upcoming caribou hunt in Greenland. Welcome back Marcus.IMG_2246.JPGIMG_2254.JPGIMG_2241.JPGIMG_2255.JPG

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Finally back to consistent workouts and getting my strength etc back after back surgery. I think I’m ready for my elk hunt but we will see. I am more worried about the six hours ass in saddle than trekking through the mountains from a fitness standpoint.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Hunting season must be coming. Still got a week long raft trip on the salmon river for next week after that, it is time to start the hunting process. I got my cortizone shot in my left ankle last week and my right knee this morning. I asked the doc, when he thinks i will need a replacement knee, he suprised me, in a not good way, by saying in about 5 years. Kind of scary, might be time to finish the grand slam.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
2 hour horseback ride Friday and 21 miles on the bike Saturday! Had bilateral cortisone shots on the elbows last Monday. Shutting it down this week for all activity so I don’t aggravate anything before I fly out Friday for Wyoming. LFG! Time for all this hard work to pay off next week in the backcountry!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I had to lay off my pack training for a while because of some mysterious foot pain, but my wife came up with a spot on diagnosis.....I had upped the amount of time in the kayak, and I brace against the footpegs to position my knees into the hull. I only wear neoprene booties that don't provide any support. Ta-Da!!! issue resolved, and am back to putting on the miles in prep for the Greenland trip that starts one month from tomorrow.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I had to lay off my pack training for a while because of some mysterious foot pain, but my wife came up with a spot on diagnosis.....I had upped the amount of time in the kayak, and I brace against the footpegs to position my knees into the hull. I only wear neoprene booties that don't provide any support. Ta-Da!!! issue resolved, and am back to putting on the miles in prep for the Greenland trip that starts one month from tomorrow.
Greenland that sounds like a fun trip.