Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I'm headed to the deer camp on Thursday, and due to the complete collapse of the NE MN deer herd over the last ten years, I do not even plan to get a deer license. On the exercise front, instead of sitting in a tree, I will do some grouse hunting. I will use the UTV on the trails that we have kept open, but expect to do a lot of hiking in the areas that we have not kept up the clearing. My leg neuropathy has dissipated some, and perhaps it was because of all the walking that I did during my Greenland Caribou hunt...so I will keep it up until I can't.
Wolves affecting the deer herd or bad winters?

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Quiet in here I can here the crickets lol
Hey there Marcus. I should have a couple hunts in WY this year, and am only waiting on the antelope draw next week. I just returned from a fly-in fishing trip out of Armstrong Ontario, and though we had mostly crappy weather all week, the fishing for northerns and walleyes was off the charts fenominal at times. In a 2 1/2 hour span in one location, three of us caught over 140 northern pike (avg. 27", with the biggest 38.5"). WE had two days where we caught over 170 walleyes (avg. 18", largest 26"). Sorry, no photos as I was too busy fishing.......

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I'm doing MTNTough Heavy Pack 20 again. I've not found another program that's better for me to prep for mountain hunting in the fall. I'm doing that 4-week deal for the next month. Then I'll likely do it again for another month. I may mix in some full body strength training a couple days per week in that 2nd month.

Reactions: RICMIC and ScottR

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Day 4 every week of HP20 is no joke. Nothing but squats, lunges, Bulgarian split squats, step ups.....with loaded pack and then even more weight in the pack for the last AMRAP of walking lunges. I wanted to quit about 2/3 of the way through, but I didn't. I kept telling myself that the work felt good. (It was a lie, but it helped.) I know from prior experience that this workout is hard, but if I do it it'll get easier. And being able to get through this workout means that I won't have any trouble getting around in the mountains. That's good motivation. But Day 4 still sucks. :D

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Hey there Marcus. I should have a couple hunts in WY this year, and am only waiting on the antelope draw next week. I just returned from a fly-in fishing trip out of Armstrong Ontario, and though we had mostly crappy weather all week, the fishing for northerns and walleyes was off the charts fenominal at times. In a 2 1/2 hour span in one location, three of us caught over 140 northern pike (avg. 27", with the biggest 38.5"). WE had two days where we caught over 170 walleyes (avg. 18", largest 26"). Sorry, no photos as I was too busy fishing.......
Man that sounds like a blast I already miss ontario after last years bear/fishing trip. I'm sure you didn't have time for pictures lol sounds like as soon as the lines were in the water they were hooked up. Glad your doing well buddy.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I've been up and down I have gained back some weight about 70 of the 160 I lost after my bariatrics 4 plus years ago but I've steady out here so still better off then I was. They tried me on wegovy for about 4-5 months trying to bring my weight down some more from then 280 I'm sitting at but caused health issues and cause some depression so I refused to take it anymore. Switched jobs about a month ago and that's helped my attitude and life out alot it was a needed career change after 13 years at the old job. And we are steadily getting things together to hopefully start building the new house next spring on the 2.5 acres we bought put side of town.

Been a little crazy but what's life with out some chaos 😆

Reactions: ScottR and RICMIC

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I've been up and down I have gained back some weight about 70 of the 160 I lost after my bariatrics 4 plus years ago but I've steady out here so still better off then I was. They tried me on wegovy for about 4-5 months trying to bring my weight down some more from then 280 I'm sitting at but caused health issues and cause some depression so I refused to take it anymore. Switched jobs about a month ago and that's helped my attitude and life out alot it was a needed career change after 13 years at the old job. And we are steadily getting things together to hopefully start building the new house next spring on the 2.5 acres we bought put side of town.

Been a little crazy but what's life with out some chaos 😆
Life is only normal if there is a little bit of chaos it seems. Whenever it quiets down we end up having something, usually beyond our control that makes things a bit busier but I suppose that is just how it goes.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Did 25 minutes on the Elliptical this morning and then did very light clean/press, Overhead KB carries, KB swings and then KB Upright rows to finish it off.
Nice I need to start getting that part back in my routine. Workouts have been lacking of late trying to refigure out my day to day schedule with the new job and working new hours

Reactions: ScottR

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
30 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I'm really pushing the output up on purpose to knock off a few pounds before we head into hunting season.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Got two workouts in this weekend, then I got one this morning. It's kind of fun to see how things work on the step counter as well. Brutal wind over the weekend broke trees at our house so I got to clean that up. Racked up a bunch of steps.