Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Busy week last week followed up by an insane weekend! Lots of traveling around but found some time to scout elk in the mountains and got in a bunch of high country miles (not as many as Scott though). Got back in the gym last week but didn't hit the #'s of workouts I was hoping for due to my work schedule. Oh well. This week will begin my hunting season workout plan with weights for lunch and dog training/rucking for a before bed snack. The idea is to get as many steps in everyday as I can and get after it hard on the weekends.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
After my scouting trip I realized my cardio needed a bit of improvement. And it was time to convert to my core lifts and cardio only plan for hunting season. Should be a pretty good hunt and I'm ready for season!

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
After my scouting trip I realized my cardio needed a bit of improvement. And it was time to convert to my core lifts and cardio only plan for hunting season. Should be a pretty good hunt and I'm ready for season!
Cardio... the dad's Achilles Heel! Seriously though, the older I get the more I realize how difficult cardio/conditioning is to maintain. For me strength can be maintained with two days per week and built with three or four, cardio is a five days or more per week program and that's difficult to do balancing a demanding career, being a rockstar husband and the type of daddy our kids deserve. However, we owe it to them and to ourselves to keep our bodies in as good of condition as we can.

memtb

Another thought on getting ready for the hunt! Acclimatization......for hunt conditions. Fitness is only part. If possible, though very difficult for most.....altitude acclimation. Another, and much easier, as it requires no effort, though as in real-estate “location-location- location” ......temperature acclimatization !

For many of us hunting season is cool weather sometimes cold. If you can acclimate somewhat to the cold, which takes time, through exposure, it can make the hunt more comfortable! We have been getting into the 40’s most mornings now. We have our upstairs windows (bedroom is upstairs) open all night. We open the downstairs windows when we get up.....to help draft the cool air up through the house! As I type this .....it’s 58 degrees where I’m sitting. Short pants and a tee shirt.....it’s definitely cool! By the time we’re hunting.....we should be somewhat acclimatized! memtb

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Another thought on getting ready for the hunt! Acclimatization......for hunt conditions. Fitness is only part. If possible, though very difficult for most.....altitude acclimation. Another, and much easier, as it requires no effort, though as in real-estate “location-location- location” ......temperature acclimatization !

For many of us hunting season is cool weather sometimes cold. If you can acclimate somewhat to the cold, which takes time, through exposure, it can make the hunt more comfortable! We have been getting into the 40’s most mornings now. We have our upstairs windows (bedroom is upstairs) open all night. We open the downstairs windows when we get up.....to help draft the cool air up through the house! As I type this .....it’s 58 degrees where I’m sitting. Short pants and a tee shirt.....it’s definitely cool! By the time we’re hunting.....we should be somewhat acclimatized! memtb
Good points