Hunting Seasons In Trouble?

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
In my opinion it's a little of an over reaction to cancel spring seasons. I'm disappointed in my state for canceling the nonresident Turkey hunt and close all state park camping. I'm planning on a bear hunt in idaho end of may and still planning on going. Getting a bear checked in sounds like it will be a little different, but the only time I would be in contact with anyone is filling up my truck.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Wyoming Governor Gordon just announced that if you enter the state for any reason other than essential work, you have to quarantine in Wyoming for 14 days before you can leave. Guessing most turkey hunters or people fishing aren't planning on staying that long, which makes me wonder if Wyoming will halt NR sales for awhile.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
but the only time I would be in contact with anyone is filling up my truck.
Most areas are not really concerned with you coming in contact with others. Most others will be practicing the 6 foot rule, it not staying at home.

The problem comes when and if you are infected and they need to place you into a hospital and into a bed that they hoped could be used by a person from that city or county. That is one of the big reasons that the government is trying to enforce that 14 day quarantine when someone comes off of a cruse ship or a airliner.

Now if you plan on camping out in the sticks and decided that if you come down with the virus after you arrive that you will hopefully survive in your tent or camper then by all means go for it.

The big problem with hospital beds is that there are not enough of them, then you look at the intensive care beds that are available in remote counties you will find that they are even fewer. Most that require intensive care are transported as soon as possible to a larger hospital in a large city.

Reactions: taskswap

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Wyoming Governor Gordon just announced that if you enter the state for any reason other than essential work, you have to quarantine in Wyoming for 14 days before you can leave. Guessing most turkey hunters or people fishing aren't planning on staying that long, which makes me wonder if Wyoming will halt NR sales for awhile.
montana has done the same thing, i know this is a hunting site, but the snowmobile world is way more people coming in and out of the states right now. One of my main riding areas, the parking lots is 5 miles into montana from idaho, but we ride idaho. Buddy of mine from idaho falls, just popped into alpine to go riding for the day. lots of people recreate on the state borders.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Thanks for that Kid

Idaho to close spring hunts and fishing closed to none res but fall hunt still on
to add ………… those who have already bought tags/license or hired an outfitter prior to this meeting can still hunt/fish.

fish and game will be posting it on their website soon.

Reactions: dustin ray

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
montana has done the same thing, i know this is a hunting site, but the snowmobile world is way more people coming in and out of the states right now. One of my main riding areas, the parking lots is 5 miles into montana from idaho, but we ride idaho. Buddy of mine from idaho falls, just popped into alpine to go riding for the day. lots of people recreate on the state borders.
I guess I misunderstood one part of the Wyoming order is that while your here if your quarantined the whole time you don't need to stay for the 14 days. So kind of a loop hole that if I don't go out in public and socialize with people at all (like going to Walmart, or visit local friends) I can come and go as I please. So if you come snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, camping an bring everything you need, but pay at the pump gas and sleep in your truck, tent, or camper your good.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
go deep
it is wierd, no one really knows what we can and can't do. Each state is slighty different, and trying to get govt clarifcation is tough.
Before my business was shut down by the govt, i was trying to find out if my washington employees could come to work in idaho. No one knew the answer. crazy times. I am trying to stay close to home, but when you live close to 2 state borders it gets confusing.

Reactions: go_deep

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
go deep
it is wierd, no one really knows what we can and can't do. Each state is slighty different, and trying to get govt clarifcation is tough.
Before my business was shut down by the govt, i was trying to find out if my washington employees could come to work in idaho. No one knew the answer. crazy times. I am trying to stay close to home, but when you live close to 2 state borders it gets confusing.
I hear you, its confusing and frustrating at best. I live 40 miles total from 2 different state boarders that I have to travel into for work, 0 issues thus far. Looking forward to the day in sitting around a campfire drinking a beer, talking about that whole virus thing.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Sure hasn't deterred the CO fisherman hitting the lakes and rivers I see lots of them every time I go the past couple weeks.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There was a lady and her son from Colorado that needed to be rescued in Utah the other day when they got lost in a canyon.

Some people just don't think when they are requested to stay at home.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
There was a lady and her son from Colorado that needed to be rescued in Utah the other day when they got lost in a canyon.

Some people just don't think when they are requested to stay at home.
how do you get lost in a canyon??????????? just turn around and go back the way you came. ;) :D

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
They were hiking and from what I remember they cut over to another one or something.

Where they were located at they were just lucky that their cell phone worked. They were hiking in shorts without food or water. But for some reason they had a space blanket.