Social Distancing - What's Everyone Doing?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I got another pickup truck, and am starting to build a cedar strip topper for it. I made one out of northern white cedar for my 2011 Dodge RAM. This one will be eastern red cedar (AKA Aromatic cedar) for the 2011 GMC. These are "strip" construction, just like building a canoe, and will be fiberglassed and epoxied. Photos to follow.
That is really cool, can you start a thread documenting it?

Reactions: THelms and taskswap

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
Haven't changed anything other than weekend archery shoots are canceled. Been e-scouting for the last year for Elk, just waiting for next week and the WY antelope numbers so I can get that locked up.

Reactions: THelms

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Haven’t changed much, got most everyone at the office set up to work from home. My kids are out of school for several more weeks...my ten year old has been wanting his own .22 pistol, since he’s out of school he took the lawn mower out (grass is green and growing down here) and when I got home from work the other day he said he had the $ for a new pistol. So we went and bought one with all the Corona panickers....I guess that was not good social distancing, but we’ll spend the weekend at the ranch blazing away.

Attachments

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Like that old country song " I was social distancing before social distancing was cool"

Never have like crowds and not really a people person so I'm just living my life

Reactions: gonhunting247

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I may tackle a few of the wood working ideas that I have had and there has been some sheet rock that needs my attention. MIght be worth doing on Saturday as well.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Tomorrow morning and Sunday morning I will find myself 4 miles from the nearest road sitting at the base of a tree with my shotgun in my hand. If the turkeys have corona, I am in trouble. They are my "Animal drug" and I have been addicted for 25 years.....

Maybe one of those pesky hogs will try to sneak by.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sweet pictures! Super jealous and thats coming from a guy who was wearing shorts last Saturday!

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Rebuilding barbed wire fences. Everybody seems to keep their distance from me, instead of helping beat T-Posts into the ground!
Reminds me of when I was 17 dating my wife. Her dad was a large farmer for this area, one day in the early summer he handed me a 16 lb sledge hammer and told me to walk around the pasture and give every fence post two or three raps because the frost lifts them every year. I thought he was kidding, he wasn't.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Reminds me of when I was 17 dating my wife. Her dad was a large farmer for this area, one day in the early summer he handed me a 16 lb sledge hammer and told me to walk around the pasture and give every fence post two or three raps because the frost lifts them every year. I thought he was kidding, he wasn't.
I was holding fence posts for my dad when I was about 10 years old and he was standing on the tailgate of his ford bronco (Like OJ's but his wasnt white..) driving them in because they were so long. Handle broke and the head of that sledge hammer missed my face my about 1/2"....It would have killed me if it had hit me. My dad never was the safest person to work with.

My uncle gave me a hammer and had me pound the nails flush in the porch at our hunting farmhouse we have in Venango County PA.
He always told me the moon pulled them out. lol Dont know where he came up with that but I believed it. I received some stitches from hammer that summer...embarrassing story but I was 6 years old...lol

Good times.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Whoa ......had to reread all that again......dating.....mallards in shorts.....that was confusing for a second. Thought someone was comparing their farmers daughter experience with mallard in shorts. Geez. My bad!