2016 Antelope Thread with Pictures

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
It was flippin hot in the alfalfa fields. We had to drag him 400 yards to the road.

We had found a few much bigger bucks but we couldn't get her set up in time to get a good shot. This guy is about 7 years old and was camped out in a field by himself. Jamie said she like him the first time she saw him but we blew by him looking for bigger bucks so the next day when we couldn't get a shot at the bigger bucks she took him home.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Congrats to you buddies wife IKIC! That is great! Some good pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
My oldest son beat worse than 1% draw odds for one of the best antelope tags in Oregon this year. After 3 days of scouting we had two bucks he was interested in. We relocated the #1 buck at daylight opening morning and had it on the ground about 11 am. He was thrilled with his best pronghorn by far.

UH, send that one in. Would be a great younger generation feature! Send it to editorial@eastmans.com.

MTStiller

May 21, 2016
Just returned from a 2350 mile trip to NV. Got lucky and drew a great tag. Scouted this buck the day before the opener at about 9,000 feet. Never hunted antelope up high before. Turned into an epic stalk and a lot of miles of hiking to get in position.

NV antelope #1.jpgNV antelope #2.jpgNV antelope #3.jpg

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Just returned from a 2350 mile trip to NV. Got lucky and drew a great tag. Scouted this buck the day before the opener at about 9,000 feet. Never hunted antelope up high before. Turned into an epic stalk and a lot of miles of hiking to get in position.

View attachment 17195View attachment 17196View attachment 17197
Beautiful buck MTStiller! Very nice first post too :)

You ought to introduce yourself in the New Members section so we can get to know you a bit.

Congrats!

ulmer

Jan 16, 2014
NORTH DAKOTA
Just on our way back to ND from WY. No one in our group drew a buck tag all 6 of us had 2 doe tags. Took us 2 days for everyone to put theirs on the ground. Even got 4 in one sneak first time we had a plan go together that good antelope hunting Fun hunt but whent by way to fast. .

ulmer

Jan 16, 2014
NORTH DAKOTA
Thanks, one thing I love is antelope chops on the grill almost better then whitetail could be because I had them all my life and only antelope the last 3 years but as long as they keep drawing my name for doe tags I will be out there even tho a buck would be nice dang point creep

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
My first antelope hunt and my first hunt by myself since I just started hunting last year. Not a monster but I'm thrilled with him. Nice cutters and some ivory on the tips.