Any Mathews Shooters in the House???

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Anyone shot the new Mathews Halon yet? Almost time for me to head down to the archery shop and start shooting some bows to see what my next set up will be. Sometime in the next month or two. Looking forward to getting a new bow but not really looking forward to the archery shop experience again... they love making you feel like a complete idiot! Then again when it comes to archery I'm definitely more of a bow hunter than I am an archery enthusiast. I don't really care how it all works... just want it to work when I'm hunting! I'll report back with what I end up getting.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I am still pretty satisfied with the drenalin but am definitely intrigued by what I have seen with the halon! Maybe if I can sell the extra bow I had to buy this year I will put the money towards one?

MOhunter28

Dec 30, 2015
Branson, Missouri
I shoot the Reezen 6.5 and love it. there really is no need for me to switch but the Halon is the first time a new Mathews has come out that really intrigues me. Seems like it is a hybrid of the No Cam and the Monster. So far the Halon has gotten great reviews. Locally speaking in my neck of the woods, guys that would trade in bows every year to get the latest and greatest actually held onto there Z7s and will not part with them. Lot of positive stuff I have heard out of the HeliM as well.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
I have a Mathews drenalin and I cannot say that I need a new bow, but the Mathews NO-CAM is awesome. Extremely smooth. It felt dead in my hand after the shot. If I upgraded to any of them I would be upgrading to the nocam htx.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Anyone shot the new Mathews Halon yet? Almost time for me to head down to the archery shop and start shooting some bows to see what my next set up will be. Sometime in the next month or two. Looking forward to getting a new bow but not really looking forward to the archery shop experience again... they love making you feel like a complete idiot! Then again when it comes to archery I'm definitely more of a bow hunter than I am an archery enthusiast. I don't really care how it all works... just want it to work when I'm hunting! I'll report back with what I end up getting.
Yup, we have quite a bit actually. Dan Pickar did a video review on it.
[video]https://youtu.be/yOTjP1RP95o[/video]

FYI, we have a few more bows that are about ready for a video review or are on their way.

grant_stricklin

Sep 11, 2015
Helium! 60# 27.5 draw length best bow I've ever owned. Killed whitetail 63 yards on iowa.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
Hey CoHiCntry, did you ever decide on a Mathews bow yet? I'm late in this thread but I went from a single cam PSE to a Mathews Chill R. I don't regret. Dual cams on Chill R way smoother, faster, and way better arrow groups. Also, I bought my spouse the Chill SDX about 2 months ago.. She loves it. The Chill X you are referring to yes is overall longer and. Know couple guys who have this bow... Never heard any negative feedback from them.. Good luck with you decision, you won't be disappointed...

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Hey CoHiCntry, did you ever decide on a Mathews bow yet? I'm late in this thread but I went from a single cam PSE to a Mathews Chill R. I don't regret. Dual cams on Chill R way smoother, faster, and way better arrow groups. Also, I bought my spouse the Chill SDX about 2 months ago.. She loves it. The Chill X you are referring to yes is overall longer and. Know couple guys who have this bow... Never heard any negative feedback from them.. Good luck with you decision, you won't be disappointed...
I still haven't gotten a new bow... I've been meaning to get it done the last few months just haven't done it. Doesn't look like I'll be doing any archery hunting for 2016 anyway. All muzzleloader & rifle hunts. If things will ever slow down I might be able to go shoot a few.

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
Head an hour and fifteen minutes south to Canon City. Talk with John at Royal Gorge Archery. Small shop, so almost exclusively Mathews. Great guy. Zero pressure. Will spend all day with you for the love of it.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Just got a No Cam. Freakin love it.
Which one did you get? The HTR or the HTX? I actually have had a mathews drenalin for 8 years now and its an awesome bow, but I saw a no-cam HTR on ebay with all the accessories I pretty much wanted for a good price and bought it. It is a very sweet bow. The only one part I might change is the sight. It had a trophy ridge react sight on it, which comparing it to my toxonics I thought it was a heavy sight.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I have the HTR. It's been a lot of fun shooting a bow again. When you get a good now it sure shows vs a cheaper level bow. I've got my arrow combo figured out but only with field tips tho. I've been waiting till results are posted to see if I've drawn a Archery tag before I go all in with everything I'll need.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Yes, that is definitely a nice bow. I think I will stick to my dranalin for this elk season, but its a fun process getting a new bow set up.