Your Bowhunting Set Up

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
No more PSE feather? I've heard some amazing things about the spyder, I checked one out the other day and really wished I had an extra grand in my pocket. Depending on how the draw goes I may pull the trigger on a new bow this year.
Pse was good, just like this one better.

The best bow I have so far ever shot was the 2011 pse dream season evo. I kick myself for selling that bow.

Save some money and buy a used 2013 spyder. Got this turbo practically brand new with new strings for $700.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Pse was good, just like this one better.

The best bow I have so far ever shot was the 2011 pse dream season evo. I kick myself for selling that bow.

Save some money and buy a used 2013 spyder. Got this turbo practically brand new with new strings for $700.
That's a great deal, where is your go to for used bows around here?

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Ok, I've lurked around there quite a bit. Wasn't sure if you had anything local, I've seen some setups on Reno 4x4 forum, armslist and craigslist. My bow is almost 10 years old but I absolutely love it, I know the new technology is game changing but there is something about that ol boy that I can't give up on. lf I don't go all out new this year it is time for a makeover, new rest and quiver for sure and definitely changing my arrow situation up. Do you self tune and setup or do you use a shop? I know our options are pretty limited around here shop wise.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Ok, I've lurked around there quite a bit. Wasn't sure if you had anything local, I've seen some setups on Reno 4x4 forum, armslist and craigslist. My bow is almost 10 years old but I absolutely love it, I know the new technology is game changing but there is something about that ol boy that I can't give up on. lf I don't go all out new this year it is time for a makeover, new rest and quiver for sure and definitely changing my arrow situation up. Do you self tune and setup or do you use a shop? I know our options are pretty limited around here shop wise.
Got my own press. Do my own work and ask questions to the tuners on at that I get my strings from.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Got my own press. Do my own work and ask questions to the tuners on at that I get my strings from.
Nice, depending on the draw I was going to go down to House of Arrows and let them hold my hand. After missing a buck last year (my fault not my setup) I told myself it was time to get more serious. Not knowing enough and piecing together over the years has gotten to the point where I need some expert advice. Although I'm pretty sure we live close to each other so I might just track you down and knock on your door for some setup advice. We will see come May how serious I am. Until then I will keep shooting and praying to the tag gods for another year of fun. Been rifle hunting my whole life but the past few summers out there with my bow, although unsuccessful, has been some of the most fun I've ever had.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Heck yeah I will help ya along if you need help. I am in south Reno and can help ya. Drop me a pm and if you want my cell Or send me a pm when you need help.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Heck yeah I will help ya along if you need help. I am in south Reno and can help ya. Drop me a pm and if you want my cell Or send me a pm when you need help.
Thanks bud! Like I said we will see come May, hopefully I can finally draw an elk tag with my 10 points and in that case my money will be going toward some Vortex Vipers and more Kuiu gear. We'll see though.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Thanks bud! Like I said we will see come May, hopefully I can finally draw an elk tag with my 10 points and in that case my money will be going toward some Vortex Vipers and more Kuiu gear. We'll see though.
Just drop me a pm. I would love an elk tag, but I only have 5 points.

Hoythunter28

Feb 15, 2014
I am packing two bows this year.
Hoyt Alphamax 72pds.
Easton Axis 300
Grizztrick 125gr
CBE 5 pin .010 pin

Second will be
Sarrels Wildcatt Recurve
62pds
Goldtip 7595 with 100gr brass inserts
Broadhead TBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Mathews Z7 70 lbs
Spot-Hogg Real deal sight
Ktech Tech 7 Gridlock Stabilizer, 7.5"
Easton ACC Pro Hunting Series 340s- Fusion fletching
Muzzy MX3 125 gr.
3 arrow Quicky quiver

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Bowtech Invasion
CBE TEK Hunter sight
Stokerized Stab
Easton ACC Pro Hunter 300s
Ramcat 125gr heads
Tight spot quiver
Baldy's strings

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Bowtech Insanity CPX - 70#
VaporTrail Custom Strings
Black Gold Ascent custom 3-pin slider with 4" dovetail
QAD Rest
BeeStinger stabilizer
Tight Spot Quiver
Carbon Express Pile Drive PTX shafts with Blazers
Muzzy MX-3 or Rage 3 Blade 100 gr. (total arrow weight of 453 gr)

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Super score today!!! Found a huge selection of winners choice strings at the Cabelas bargin cave and there were two sets in the bunch for my Bowtech Black Ice bow. Picked up both sets for a negotiated discount of $25 a piece!!!

My boys both got the Bowtech Infinate Edge bows this year. One wanted the camo one and one wanted the black ops one. Found by chance a guy local to me that had bought a left handed camo one by accident, and made me a deal of $200! That left one more so when Sportsmans put on that nice Valentines sale, picked up the black one for my other south paw son and now we have some new archers in the family!

mnhoundman

Veteran member
Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
uploadfromtaptalk1393897862750.jpg

Elite Hunter- 65#
CBE Hybrid adjustable sight
Quad Rest
Elite quiver
Elite stabilizer
Rage 100 grain 3 blade

Picked it up on archery talk this winter, very nice bow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
Bighorn custom take down recurve made by G Fred Asbell in 1981
60" long, 57 lbs @ 28" and second set of limbs 56" long, 65 lbs @ 28"
Cedar arrows, three 5" helical feathers
Magnus broadheads
Instinctive

acook

Apr 25, 2013
Just got my new one into the bow shop.