Your Biggest Buck

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Man thats a dang hog in the back of that jeep. You got a better picutre of him? I would LOVE to kill 1 buck like that in my life.

Reactions: bigmoose

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
I did not get many photos of him in the field. Here's one in camp and one of him on the wall. Wish I'd had a better camera back then instead of little Kodak Instamatic.

My wife was with me and we had quite a time getting him into the Jeep. The Jeep did not have a tailgate and I had to take the spare tire off to make it easier to get him in the back. My wife pulled from the inside and I lifted from the back. We had just got him in when three guys rode up on horses. LOL.

Back in Camp 11-80.jpg

IMG_2291sat.jpg

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I did not get many photos of him in the field. Here's one in camp and one of him on the wall. Wish I'd had a better camera back then instead of little Kodak Instamatic.

My wife was with me and we had quite a time getting him into the Jeep. The Jeep did not have a tailgate and I had to take the spare tire off to make it easier to get him in the back. My wife pulled from the inside and I lifted from the back. We had just got him in when three guys rode up on horses. LOL.

View attachment 32293

View attachment 32294
That buck is just flat impressive!

Reactions: bigmoose

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I killed my first Mulie in 1953 when I was 12 years old. I have shot a ton of them since then. I usually didn't carry a camera with me as they were too damn heavy and bulky. I have a few pictures in my album here. The one I am holding is 30" wide, 6x4 and was shot in the High Sierras in California. So were the mounted bucks. The forked horn was my first mount in 1969 and the 5x5 was not the biggest, but really was symmetrical. I also have posted my garage beam with a lot of nice bucks.

I have hundreds of photos and slides of hunting. Probably should be a winter project to get them digitized.
32309new 004.JPGnew 002.JPGnew 003.JPG

Last edited:

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I killed my first Mulie in 1953 when I was 12 years old. I have shot a ton of them since then. I usually didn't carry a camera with me as they were too damn heavy and bulky. I have a few pictures in my album here. The one I am holding is 30" wide and was shot in the High Sierras in California. So were the mounted bucks. The forked horn was my first mount in 1969 and the 5x5 was not the biggest, but really was symmetrical. I also have posted my garage beam with a lot of nice bucks.
View attachment 32309View attachment 32310View attachment 32311View attachment 32312
I love garage pics like this!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I’ve never killed a big mule deer. I would have to add up two of my best Blacktails to reach 230”