Wyoming unit 19 random sheep tag!!!

dynamicdesign

Aug 22, 2012
Well I admit it, I am a lucky guy when it comes to draws, this year somehow with 591 to 1 odds I draw a unit 19 sheep tag in my home state of Wyoming.... I always thought I woud hunt units 2,3,or 4 but with a bunch of hunts planned I figured I would just put in for a very tough draw where my 19 pts would not let me draw...well sheep hunting just became a major priority! Would like to hear from anyone who has hunted sheep down there P.M. or public. I know about the private issues and will be working to get some access. Looking forward to an amazing opportunity to hunt sheep here in Wyoming!!!
Thanks,
Doug

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I can't help but I just want to say congratulations. Welcome to the forum and please share some pics, there are tons of us who dream of chasing sheep someday.

Plainsman

Apr 17, 2013
SW WY
Congratulations, what an incredible opportunity! I'm not at familiar with 19 as many others on this site are, but shoot me a pm and I'd be glad share what I can.

Congrats again, one of those curly horned buggers are at the top of my wish list!

Cheers,
Plainsman

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Congrats on a great tag. I recommend calling the local biologist and game warden they'll be very helpful. Also if you can get a list of past successful hunters name and numbers.

Last edited:

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
somebodys gotta get it.. I was the very lucky drawer of a nevada n r cal sheep tag in 2017 that boiled down to 1 in 5000 draw odds,,so ya never know if lightening will strike!!! good luck

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Congrats! I hit the lotto last year in unit 3. Enjoy it! You been scouting much?

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
There are some good looking rams in that group. I look forward to seeing a photo of you with one of them!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Did some scouting and saw some rams. Just need them to move onto the public land about a 1/2 mile away. At least 3 big rams in the band. Looks like one will go about 180+.
Some fantastic rams!
Wishing you the best of luck in getting to punch your tag on one!

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
We're still looking. I believe dynamicdesign was going to try and come over last Thursday or so. Saw a couple of rams Sunday morning near to state land I can access. We're going up in the morning to look around again, have cow elk tags for the private property around the state land.
Brought home a nice little 5 pt elk on my last sheep outing. The rams were close to the state then.