Wyoming unit 19 random sheep tag!!!

dynamicdesign

Aug 22, 2012
Well I admit it, I am a lucky guy when it comes to draws, this year somehow with 591 to 1 odds I draw a unit 19 sheep tag in my home state of Wyoming.... I always thought I woud hunt units 2,3,or 4 but with a bunch of hunts planned I figured I would just put in for a very tough draw where my 19 pts would not let me draw...well sheep hunting just became a major priority! Would like to hear from anyone who has hunted sheep down there P.M. or public. I know about the private issues and will be working to get some access. Looking forward to an amazing opportunity to hunt sheep here in Wyoming!!!
Thanks,
Doug

Reactions: boiler and DH56

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I can't help but I just want to say congratulations. Welcome to the forum and please share some pics, there are tons of us who dream of chasing sheep someday.

Plainsman

Apr 17, 2013
SW WY
Congratulations, what an incredible opportunity! I'm not at familiar with 19 as many others on this site are, but shoot me a pm and I'd be glad share what I can.

Congrats again, one of those curly horned buggers are at the top of my wish list!

Cheers,
Plainsman

Maxhunter

Very Active Member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Congrats on a great tag. I recommend calling the local biologist and game warden they'll be very helpful. Also if you can get a list of past successful hunters name and numbers.

Last edited:

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
somebodys gotta get it.. I was the very lucky drawer of a nevada n r cal sheep tag in 2017 that boiled down to 1 in 5000 draw odds,,so ya never know if lightening will strike!!! good luck

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Congrats! I hit the lotto last year in unit 3. Enjoy it! You been scouting much?