Wyoming Passes 90/10: The Worst Article You’ll Read This Year - by Guy Eastman

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Or the situation changed with predators... didn't you support that?
So the wolves ate all the sheep? That's why sheep tags have went from over 400 in the 1980's to less than 200 last year?

So moose permits dropped from over 2000 in the early 80's to less than 400 last year? All predators?

Try that information age thing...winter ticks, brain worm, and climate change.

I support science and facts.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wow, you sure like to twist words and change the subject ... a normal tactic for someone who can't defend what's actually being discussed.
I didn't say anything about suing anyone.
And you actually summed up my point with "This nonsense of nrs feeling they are owed anything other than a chance to draw..."
That's it exactly, applicants were promised a chance to draw ... and after years of buying points its being taken away.
Hilltop summed it up ... misleading marketing.

And you didn't need to say "I couldn't care less." It's fairly obvious you only care about yourself and being able to add another tag to the 10 or so you already draw annually.
No its not being taken away, there is still a chance to draw...and that's a fact. Actually, the only one that matters.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wow, you sure like to twist words and change the subject ... a normal tactic for someone who can't defend what's actually being discussed.
I didn't say anything about suing anyone.
And you actually summed up my point with "This nonsense of nrs feeling they are owed anything other than a chance to draw..."
That's it exactly, applicants were promised a chance to draw ... and after years of buying points its being taken away.
Hilltop summed it up ... misleading marketing.

And you didn't need to say "I couldn't care less." It's fairly obvious you only care about yourself and being able to add another tag to the 10 or so you already draw annually.
I testified in favor of making the big-5 once in a lifetime to anyone under the 5 year waiting period. Removing myself from ever drawing another sheep tag in Wyoming.

Funny way of only caring about myself....

Maybe its I just support State's rights to manage wildlife as they see fit and I'd rather more Resident youth hunter or long-time Wyoming residents get to hunt the big-5 over a Non Resident.

That could be the correct answer.

BTW, when are you going to start the campaign to give more of your CO sheep tags to Non Residents?

I was under the assumption when I started applying I would have a sheep tag in CO by now...I have 3 plus 17 weighted points and the tag I'm entitled to still hasn't showed up.

Misleading marketing...where's my attorney? When is CO going to make this right with me?

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
No its not being taken away, there is still a chance to draw...and that's a fact. Actually, the only one that matters.
Sure, there's a chance ... but not unless you live to be 120. Your statement isn't credible.
I wonder if even you believe the nonsense you say.
No matter, I'm done. I forgot how much you like to make outrageous statements just to argue.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Sure, there's a chance ... but not unless you live to be 120. Your statement isn't credible.
I wonder if even you believe the nonsense you say.
No matter, I'm done. I forgot how much you like to make outrageous statements just to argue.
No you don't have to live to be 120...apply smartly and you're in for a chance every year.

Pulled this tag in a preference state that I had 11 points for, some savvy the drawings and some don't. I applied for 11 years smartly, putting in for areas with random tags in AZ and hit pay dirt. Others still thought their max points mattered...suckers.

For the record, I still can't believe how generous the Residents of AZ are. I know that there are thousands of Residents that deserved that tag way more than I ever did, many that will live and apply there their entire lives and never draw. The last thing I would be upset about is if they decided to make their sheep tags Resident only...they probably should.

Every year applicants will draw WY sheep and moose tags with no regard for points.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I hate to say it but I would like to see where Wyoming DWR said that the preference point system would guarantee a applicant a license or a tag.

At the very most I would say that they said that it would better a applicant's odds of obtaining a license/tag in the draw.
And now it doesn’t better the odds…not as much skin in the game as others but definitely see both sides here. I would be pissed if a ton of points were purchased and the premise of the system changed. I feel strongly if residents were non residents and in the same boat, it would piss them off too.

Reactions: dan maule

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Let's face it, being non residents in 49 of the 50 states we have to bow to what the other 49 states DWR decide to do. One year it is one set of rules and then next year it may change to a totally different set. I have watched states go from random draws to a point system, from no waiting periods to multiple year waiting list after you draw. Then there are the tags, I have seen where some units go from a couple dozen tags down to only two or three, stuff happens. If you don't like the way that a particular state handles their non resident permits you can always move to that state and become a resident. Then if you don't like how they handle the resident application and permit process you can complain to your representative and see if you can get things changed.

For myself I don't like how it is in some states where you need to purchase a "hunting lease" to be able to even find a place to hunt, but with those state being mostly private I understand the process. As a resident of Colorado I don't like the fact that I now have to spend 2 or 3 preference points for a cow elk tag in the unit that I live in but can purchase a bull tag over the counter, but it just happens to be the way that it is right now.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Let's face it, being non residents in 49 of the 50 states we have to bow to what the other 49 states DWR decide to do. One year it is one set of rules and then next year it may change to a totally different set. I have watched states go from random draws to a point system, from no waiting periods to multiple year waiting list after you draw. Then there are the tags, I have seen where some units go from a couple dozen tags down to only two or three, stuff happens. If you don't like the way that a particular state handles their non resident permits you can always move to that state and become a resident. Then if you don't like how they handle the resident application and permit process you can complain to your representative and see if you can get things changed.

For myself I don't like how it is in some states where you need to purchase a "hunting lease" to be able to even find a place to hunt, but with those state being mostly private I understand the process. As a resident of Colorado I don't like the fact that I now have to spend 2 or 3 preference points for a cow elk tag in the unit that I live in but can purchase a bull tag over the counter, but it just happens to be the way that it is right now.
Spot on buddy! One thing I've learned during my 80 years on this good earth is that people don't like change. You want to get them riled up, just change something that they have taken for granted and enjoyed for years. I was not a Marine, but I like what they say....adapt & overcome!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I am a researcher and getting information about the importance of education in Islam right now. Please give me your review about it with a small explaination. Your review would be appreciated.
The only information I can give you is that you are a piss poor researcher if you think asking that question on a western hunting forum makes sense.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
education of those in islam of the teachings of christianity is very important. not all "christians" are going to heaven but all islamists are going to hell! even if there are a bunch of virgins waiting there for them. mohamed never specified what sex those virgins would be.

don't like the answer ,don't ask the question.

Last edited:
Reactions: dan maule and DRUSS