Wyoming Buffalo Hunting - Need Advice

Jan 7, 2013
central Kentucky
My first 2015 kill. The scenery and amount of different animals was amazing I felt like I had the entire refuge to myself
I even heard and saw a wolf pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Congratulations! Hunt of a lifetime, I hope to get my crack at a bison soon myself. How many trips did you make up there? Did you just stay in a motel?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

bdjmtn

Jan 5, 2013
Michigan
101_4215.jpg Just got back from my Wyoming bison hunt. Had a great time. Took a rifle but all the animals moved to the archery/shotgun zones. I borrowed a friends crossbow and got a forty yard shot.

MaxPower

Jan 14, 2013
Wyoming
Congrats to all who got their Bison tags filled! Fun to see my old post get resurrected here, I think Eastmans needs a 'Bison' category under 'Hunting the West'.

Huntinelk - Congrats on your Bison and thanks for the offer. Had I seen your post sooner I'd have taken you up on it.
kentuckyhunter - Congrats to you too. Glad you had the refuge to yourself, we were out there on a Saturday so there were a lot of other hunters, I think I saw 5 other Bison harvested besides mine. The rest of the wildlife is awesome though, within ten minuted of being there we'd seen elk, deer, bighorn and bison.

We had a hotel in Jackson and time off for a week, but never needed it. We left Cokeville, WY early in the morning and went straight to the refuge. The bison were there and we were able to close the deal and have her hauled to the processor by 1 p.m.
-Keep in touch with the Game and Fish office in Jackson, they want the Bison harvested and are great about giving you details (like if the Bison are on the refuge and where).
-Have Tag-n-Drag in your phone so you can call them as soon as you fill your tag. On a Saturday they'll be out there already just waiting to take your money. Have a few hundred in cash handy in case you use them, not only can they drag your Bison to the road but they have lift truck out there too and can hoist the whole carcass right into the back of your truck. We had a small trailer on the back of our truck and once Tag-n-Drag hauled the Bison to the road we winched it onto the trailer and headed for the processor.