Wyoming bighorn

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
My sheep hunt is finally done. Found a band of rams where I could hunt them and connected on a nice ram. Blessed to have some access to landlocked public parcels and private access to get him out.
Now, I'll be giving some info to dynamicdesign so hopefully he gets his ram down too.2852428525

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
This area can be very frustrating as there are lots of sheep but access is not easy. We were very lucky to spot some rams moving onto an area I could hunt. Made a stalk only to not find them. Went back to our glassing spot and there they were , where we needed them to be. Made another stalk and found them bedded. Got off a 75 yd shot and the sheep scattered. No sign of sheep or blood where they went, got our thoughts together and went to the shot spot, blood specks on the rocks. Followed what started as a sparse blood trail, to find better blood as we went. The ram was down about 115 yds from the bedding spot.
Packed him out about 400 yards to the atv, thankful for the private access to get him out. The pack out was short but steep and rugged.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
It was a big surprise to have walked right up to where they were bedded. Once over the edge , a shot would have been tricky.