WY draw 2022 deer & ant

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
I got skunked again. Plus my units of interest went up so much I will probably will need to apply somewhere else next year. I will adapt and hopefully spend my points next year.

Looks like after a long draw season I'm left with a OTC blacktail tag in my home state. I will make the most of my tag for sure.

Happy hunting

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Just another ho-hum Wyoming draw for me.

A couple doe pronghorn to throw away, 2 cow tags plus general elk, additional buck whitetail and general deer, and a good pronghorn tag.

Between those and my moose permit, should keep me plenty busy.

Wife drew a good pronghorn tag too.

Swedishhunter

Jun 24, 2016
We drew antelope tags for unit 32. Strangely out of four hunters none drew the doe tag which should have been about 50% for non-resident. But with three buck tags looking forward to an exciting hunt anyways.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
After scouring the leftover reduced price tags over, looking at my finances, and considering my long term game on where I might want hunt a buck in future years, on public lands,-even if I got in or near an area in the hopes of learning it, I just can't justify going for what's left.

Just too many land access issues and potential migration timing challenges for me to commit the resources to the remaining tags in WY G&F's 'bargain bin'

I called a dozen different property owners inquiring about trespass fees, and only 1 called back, with a $600/day/gun option for does; though that did include lodging. Still too rich for my blood. lol. Granted, all those folks are probably getting alot of calls from guys frantic to work a 'plan b' ahead of the leftover draw.

I need to do something selfish and fun though; maybe will come out to camp and fish during the elk rut?

Or, just apply what I save on not going to my 35 Whelen build? Maybe go for a nicer scope?

Ah, the taste of bittersweet wine...🍇

Last edited: