wraps

iamup

Feb 25, 2011
Redding, CA
I am wanting to maybe put wraps on my arrows. I shoot east on st epic n-fused or aftermath 300 arrows with blazers. Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages? Should I use them or not? Thanks

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I use them for a couple of reasons. Arrows are easier to find and see with the wraps on which helps on the range or after a shot on an animal (this may depend on color as well). My Blazer vanes stick to wraps extremely well, so I like using wraps for that reason. Also, by just sticking a wrap on, it is easier to clean your arrow to replace the wrap. You only deal with sticky stuff instead of dried on glue you have to scrape off and risk ruining an arrow.

Disadvantages - adds weight to the end of your arrow decreasing FOC (not much usually and depends on wrap length). If you mess up a vane, you pretty much have to replace the entire wrap and fletchings unless someone has any tips on this.

I shoot a white 4" wrap on my arrow. Decreases the weight on the end of my arrow compared to the longer wraps, but still increases visibility.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Tdcour pretty much nailed it!! I use wraps as well. I customize mine just for fun on Onestringers custom wraps.