Wolves

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'll have to see if I can find the report that some of the wolf reintroduction folks published that says all of the attacks on livestock and family pets is factitious.

Reactions: kidoggy

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
And so it begins!!! In a couple years, it’ll be the story of “I told you so”. We’ve all seen this before…and it sucks! It’s unfortunate this is happening in Colorado too. It seems to be the trend. This has been a Midwest trend for years, but the general public can’t, or doesn’t, want to see it.

Reactions: Bugleseeker

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just so that the out of staters know, these wolves that are causing the problems now migrated into the state a few years ago.

They haven't even started trapping wolves to dump into my backyard yet.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Just so that the out of staters know, these wolves that are causing the problems now migrated into the state a few years ago.

They haven't even started trapping wolves to dump into my backyard yet.
Well hopefully they come to Upper Michigan and Wisconsin to get the wolves for Colorado. They can take as many as they want.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I keep forgetting this is new to some of you and old news to me.
Same thing occured a couple of miles from my house. a few years ago in Idaho.
I don't follow colorado hunting enough to know if they allow hound hunting for cats and bears. If colorado does, that is where the majority of dogs will get killed. Especially if the dog stays the night in the woods when it gets lost or the owner can't get to them until the morning.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I keep forgetting this is new to some of you and old news to me.
Same thing occured a couple of miles from my house. a few years ago in Idaho.
I don't follow colorado hunting enough to know if they allow hound hunting for cats and bears. If colorado does, that is where the majority of dogs will get killed. Especially if the dog stays the night in the woods when it gets lost or the owner can't get to them until the morning.
who let the dogs out!
I just saw on the news that a couple of dogs were killed by wolves....... already starting way to go for whoever voted on it!!!!!
cool . I hope they were the raccoon dogs that brought us the wuhan flu! lol.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I read the write up on the two dogs that were killed. One was a border collie that had been out with some sheep and guard dogs, and the other was a companion dog. Wildlife officials verified that the collared wolves had been in that vicinity as determined by the tracking. It wasn't stated in the article, but I doubt that the wolves that had wandered into CO would be collared like some of the transplants likely will.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Thanks for posting this, everyone should read it. It is not talked about much, but the Utes do not need a state hunting license or tags and do not have abide by CPW rule is the areas mentioned. What a lot of people don't realize this applies to private land in this area too.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Monents ago at today's CPW Commisioner's Meeting they approved the Final Wolf Restoration and Management Plan.
Despite over an hour of public comments covering many, many points they just ignored them all and immediately and unanimously approved the plan. They are currently congratulating each other and Governor Polis also called-in and congradulated them (of course he appointed them too). Here come the wolves...

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
Monents ago at today's CPW Commisioner's Meeting they approved the Final Wolf Restoration and Management Plan.
Despite over an hour of public comments covering many, many points they just ignored them all and immediately and unanimously approved the plan. They are currently congratulating each other and Governor Polis also called-in and congradulated them (of course he appointed them too). Here come the wolves...
Polis also signed 4 gun bills the other day!!!!!

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Here's the link to CPW's News Release: "Parks and Wildlife Commission Approves Historic Final Wolf Restoration and Management Plan Per the Will of Colorado Voters" ... with lot's of details.