Who is Hunting Montana this year?

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
I'm hunting Montana this year again for deer. Tags are a bit steep for the non-resident but I just figure it is what it is. I have some good memories hunting with some friends that live out in some other states and we meet up, set up a base camp and hunt out from there and that is priceless for me. I like Montana. It has been a great place to hunt and I'm looking forward to hunting there again this year.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I think Scott wants to come film our hunt!! I am sure I hunt within range of his home camp!! :cool: Of course I wouldn't stop him from packing if he wants too!! PM me Scott for the details>>>>> ;)

HeartElk1

Mar 30, 2011
I'll be hunting deer and elk in Montana and hopefully antelope too. I was lucky to have been born in Montana and meet all the qualifications for the Nonresident Native Montana Hunting license which is a great offering by Montana FWP and something I certainly appreciate.

I'll get over there as often as I can to fish and hunt birds as well. And heck, since Scott is offering to help with the pack out, I better get my application in for a bison Super Tag too! :)

stagliano

Dec 12, 2011
I'll be hunting in Montana this year. It will be my first Elk hunt and I am very excited. I have a very close friend that lives in Ennis and we will be hunting in that area. He is going to be doing all the scouting and we are looking at the Madison, Tobacco Root and Gravelly Ranges. The tags are expensive but in my opinion, worth it. I get to hunt in extrodinary country and have a pretty fair chance of encountering animals. It's going to be great regardless of the outcome. Now I have to get unfat...

Don K

Very Active Member
Sep 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
When 149 hits your doorstep there is a story in there from a packout that Brandon and I did. It was BRUTAL!
Will be looking forward to it

Funny thing is although brutal by now you probably miss it and would do it again in a heartbeat. I cant count the times I ask myself why the heck I was doing something, or what the heck I was thinking. But a short time later I start thinking about doing it again.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
This is the theory of how most men live! This is why my wife thinks I'm nuts. :)

Funny thing is although brutal by now you probably miss it and would do it again in a heartbeat. I cant count the times I ask myself why the heck I was doing something, or what the heck I was thinking. But a short time later I start thinking about doing it again.[/QUOTE]

Boehunter

Mar 26, 2014
Wyoming
Ill have a Montana tag again this year. With the close proximity and long season I always find its worth the price tag.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Hunting close to Ekalaka again this year for deer, hunting opening week instead of the rut due to time constraints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
I'll be in Montana again this year with general tags again. Probably headed to new areas out east and the Madison. Focused on elk for the most part. I do know deer numbers in SE MT are on the rebound with good fawn recruitment and a easy winter. Hopefully we'll be back to great hunting again out there in a couple years. A buddy drew a ewe sheep tag for the breaks, so that will be a good excuse to scout country that I've never been in!

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
General deer tag for me and instead of hunting peak rut we are hunting rifle opener. Its a private ranch so Im planning for the best but we were spoiled last year hunting the rut so Im anxious to see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sambo3006

Jun 22, 2015
SW Missouri
I'll be headed to eastern Montana in early November on a general deer tag. Like DanPickar said, the reports are very good for deer numbers in that part of the state. I've hunted WY, CO and UT several times but never Montana. Always wanted to so why not! I haven't lined up any buddies to go so looks like I'll be going solo. I plan to use a land ownership chip for my gps to hunt BLM and state land.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I ate my second consecutive MT bear tag last month.

Planning on Wyoming this fall on a leftover deer tag. I'd rather buy a MT General Combo, but the cost is prohibiting that this year.