Who else is...

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
View attachment 40663
After 4 hours of tough technical single-track climbing on the mountain bikes.
My super stud buddy is pointing to the 3rd mountain in the picture.
He is telling me, we have to climb over the next 2 mountains and we start our descent at the 3rd mountain. Tough fun ride.
looks like some cool views to get there though!

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
We were in Hawaii last week. With travel and jet lag and catching up at work, we missed 2 weeks of working out. Been back at it the last few days doing MtnTough 45/70 mixed in with our other strength and mobility work. I don't feel like we lost anything by missing 2 weeks.

Starting next week, we're gonna go back to MtnTough Heavy Pack 2.0 and do it every day 5 days/week, as designed. We'll add a little weight to our packs this go round, and we'll finish the 4 week program the week before we leave for our elk hunt. We'll continue to do some recovery workouts a few days early in the week before we leave on Friday the 16th and start hunting on the 17th. I don't want to push too hard that week though. Don't want to be sore to start the hunt. Week 4 of HP20 will have us a little sore and stiff, so we'll flush it out for a few days before the hunt.

Kauai with our kids was awesome.

Attachments

Reactions: marcusvdk

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
cool photos

doing my hill work this morning, i came to realize, i am happy that i have a cortizone shot set up for my left ankle and right knee.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Mri showed I have runners knew bad and a small bakers cyst. Pt for now still and recheck with Dr 22nd.

Feels bit better today PT said muscles weren't as tense today.

First real work out since I injured it

Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Rode the stationary bike for 15 mins last night. PT found a really tense and tight spot in my calf they are working on. The doctor said no surgery but said I should never run again. Do biking and swimming lower impact things. PT said they would work we me on getting back to light runs but nothing like I used to do. Been a week of adjusting my mind set

Reactions: Shane13

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I'm still behind on my pack training hikes, but only because I have been busting my butt cutting dead trees, hauling brush, and burning same. At the end of the day I feel like I have been beat up and put away wet. But, with a good nights sleep I am mostly recovered and ready to do it all over again. Only 20 days or so before the westward migration.

Reactions: Shane13

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Rode the stationary bike for 15 mins last night. PT found a really tense and tight spot in my calf they are working on. The doctor said no surgery but said I should never run again. Do biking and swimming lower impact things. PT said they would work we me on getting back to light runs but nothing like I used to do. Been a week of adjusting my mind set
Running makes my knees hurt too. I bought an Echo bike, and I stand up as I pedal on that. The arm action combined with standing pedaling is pretty similar to running without the impact. Doesn't hurt my knees at all.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
After my scouting trip I twisted my ankle. So my workouts have been all about recovery, ice, elevation and rest. The only time it hurts is when I wake up, gym may happen tomorrow for upper body. We will see.

worst case I hit the bike tomorrow for a slow ride just to test it.

• Wow
Reactions: mallardsx2

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
PT added some resistance bands to my exercises yesterday. And they are working in tension in my calf. I've been riding my stationary bike on nights im not busy driving to my bait site

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Dang it, Scott! No injuries right before hunting season, brother!
This hasn’t been bad, just had to be smart, take a couple weeks off and heal up. Swelling is about 95% gone, bruising as well, only stiff in the morning so I think I won this round.

I broke My other ankle in HS so I had a pretty good gauge for what I did. This was much less, just older now.