Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thursday
Did 25 min interval boxing/core workout video.

Stationary Recumbent bike finally took crap yesterday after thousands of miles ive put on it over the last 6 plus years. Got a new stationary upright bike coming Saturday to replace it. The recumbent bike had the resistance bands break qnd computer also stoped working on it. It's been good bike for a long time but I definitely got well used.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Tim it looks like you nailed it. Tent on the back and brandy keg on the front. I'm flying out your way later today for a week of snowmobiling around Island Park, and if I see this rig on the trail I will be sure to stop and say HEY!
woo hoo good for you! I haven't been down that way in a couple of years, it is only 9 hours away. lol

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
cold weather conditioning is an interesting discussion.
Some of the fittest people i know are winter athletes. But they are doing winter stuff not summer stuff in the winter.
Face masks and such are also interesting, i personally don't want to cover my mouth until it in the single digits or lower for temps. But climbing hills is climbing hills and i just breathe to hard climbing. I have had pretty good luck with a set of thin ear muffs around my neck and a wool stocking cap on my head. If i get to hot, the stocking cap comes off and the ear muffs get pulled up to my ears, if cool, the ear muffs keep my neck warm and the hat keeps the ears warm. What i have ran into is my nose. And a neck gaiter with a ear muffs pulled low over my nose with the stocking cap seems to work. Or baclava time.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Friday run
It felt colder today but the city was nice and for some reason cleared a bunch of the river trail system yesterday so got to run a section I havent seen in a month lol.

Bill I took your advice and stayed very consistent this run.

Reactions: Bonecollector

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I returned from the Idaho snowmobile trip on Thursday. The snow conditions weren't ideal for hitting the powder, and I never did get stuck, although I did one fairly spectacular "dismount". I did help several others out of the steep and deep, and was somewhat surprised to find that I didn't suck wind like an out of shape old fart.
Unfortunately , my 800 Polaris Pro RMK dropped a cylinder at the end of day 1, so I rented a sled for a couple days before leaving early.
Tim: your Q? about how many engines I have gone thru on this sled....this was my 2nd burndown (5,600 miles). My 82 year old mechanic is looking for a new motor or factory rebuild. I would rather spend 4-5K than 18K+ for a sled that I only use a week or two out of the year. I do have a trail sled for back home.