Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Sunday
Helped my inlaws move a bunch of big stuff from there house they have to have empty by Friday

Monday
first outside run with new shoes. over 300 miles on the old pair had them worn out. did a 2 mile elliptical run friday to break them in

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I was finally able to start my pack training in prep for the CO elk hunt. I loaded the new Eberlestock Mainframe, batwings, and attached duffle to total 37 lbs. Hoofed it 2.2 miles using the hiking poles, and was surprised at how much my legs felt it. The second day was better, and plan to add weight and distance, but the altitude will have to wait for the hike into camp. Now I have two days of moving my sister's stuff to a new apt., and figure that will be enough for those days.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thursday
Recumbent bike 20mins 6.89 miles

Friday
Needed a rest day slept like crap for a few nights so just got my stuff done went to my oldest football scrimmage and then hit the hay.

Saturday
Went apple picking with the family after work. Got a bushel of apples so I can start canning apple sauce. Kids love the recipe ive made the last year or so.

Sunday.
Started processing apple sauce after church. Got the first batch done and will work on a few more batches tomorrow.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
My pack training is going well. I haven't upped the weight or distance much yet, but have substantially reduced the time it takes to cover the distance. Legs, lungs, and heart appear to still be working within design perimeters. There's way too much to do before leaving for Colorado next week.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Elk hunted all last week, didn't do too badly getting up and down and was able to get it done everyday without fatigue. Felt good.

Back on the road with the pups this morning for an hour at the fastest pace I could maintain. Worked up a good sweat and got the heart rate nicely elevated for the entire hour. Felt good.

In the gym at lunch today, thinking it'll be a good day for legs so I have all week to recover
1. Squats 5x5
2. Walking Lunges w/ 50# sandbag 4x50'
3. Leg Extensions 4x10
4. Leg Curls 4x10
5. Leg Press 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Elk hunted all last week, didn't do too badly getting up and down and was able to get it done everyday without fatigue. Felt good.

Back on the road with the pups this morning for an hour at the fastest pace I could maintain. Worked up a good sweat and got the heart rate nicely elevated for the entire hour. Felt good.

In the gym at lunch today, thinking it'll be a good day for legs so I have all week to recover
1. Squats 5x5
2. Walking Lunges w/ 50# sandbag 4x50'
3. Leg Extensions 4x10
4. Leg Curls 4x10
5. Leg Press 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
Fill the tag?

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday

More work on the foot so no running today

Recumbent bike 25 mins 8.95 miles
Lifted (chest, biceps, shrugs) also bought a pull up bar for my door frame. New goal is to be able to do a pull up by my birthday in March

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Down 10lbs this morning... keeping the lifting to twice a week and rucking/walking everyday. Fasting as well. If I feel like eating breakfast I skip the evening meal, otherwise it's no calories until noon or after 8... seems to be working. I'm realizing that my joints don't like lifting more than twice a week. Barbell, DB, & KB complexes work well when mixed in with the big compound lifts to maintain strength. It's hard for this old powerlifter to wrap his thick head around.

Reactions: Winchester

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Ran 3 miles after two weeks of bowhunting elk last month. Didn't fill my tag yet, but rifle season opens the 15th. No rest for the weary😉😉

Reactions: THelms