Who else is...

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
When I weighed in sunday morning i was at 349.4 which was up .4 from beginning of october
I've got to congratulate you Marcus for your efforts. It appears to me that you are addressing the physical side of the fitness/weight loss regiment. I know that finding time for a workout is difficult while having a job and a young family, but keep at it young man. I am not any kind of an expert, but I suspect your biggest battle in regards to losing weight is your body type/genetics. It takes time and effort to exercise, and only a little time and extreme effort to change your eating habits.
Here's a quote from a poster at the Marine Corps fitness center in 29 Palms where I worked out over 47 years ago. I've never forgotten it, and still try to live by it; "Physical fitness is transitory, and it must be worked for continuously, and the only program of effective value is a lifetime one." Typing this reminds me that it's time for my workout. Rick

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thanks guys for the support. The working out never been an issue. But the diet and body composition/genetics have always worked against me. Lost 100 pounds 3 times in my short lifetime and 50-60, 3 other times. if you been reading my post when I refer to the regime it's the 6 month programs I have to do for my surgery in January to help with the diet/genetic issues. It will help with my late night hunger issues as I'm able to keep the diet they want and I was on easily all day before the program I would fall apart at night and bust up the diet. The surgery was a hard choice to make but after talks with people that have had it done and my dr and surgery doctors I decided it was the route I needed to take. The doctor is worried that my continual loss and gain of weight would eventually cause a massive heart issue and why they pushed for the surgery.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Marcus, I didn't think that I had any place recommending the surgery option for you, but it appears that you are working with professionals on that issue, so good luck. A short story; I have a good hunting buddy who blossomed to 460# on a 5'9" medium frame. He went up and down, but always ending up more than down. He had the lap band, lost 160# before finding out a way to eat around it and gained it all back. He later had a gastric bypass, and had a very difficult recovery, but he worked with the doctors and followed the program to change his eating habits. He has been at 200# for over 8 years now.
Dave wanted to go elk hunting with me, and I told him that he needed to be in the best shape possible, and to improve his long distance shooting. He took it to heart, worked his ass off, and in 2017 he and his 17 year old son went on a guided horseback hunt in WY. Dave ended up riding 24 miles the first day, and shot a magnificent 7X7 bull at 373 yards. He's a great guy, and I hope he lives a long healthy life.
Good luck to you. When you're ready for it, give me a call and we'll go elk hunting. Rick

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Marcus, I didn't think that I had any place recommending the surgery option for you, but it appears that you are working with professionals on that issue, so good luck. A short story; I have a good hunting buddy who blossomed to 460# on a 5'9" medium frame. He went up and down, but always ending up more than down. He had the lap band, lost 160# before finding out a way to eat around it and gained it all back. He later had a gastric bypass, and had a very difficult recovery, but he worked with the doctors and followed the program to change his eating habits. He has been at 200# for over 8 years now.
Dave wanted to go elk hunting with me, and I told him that he needed to be in the best shape possible, and to improve his long distance shooting. He took it to heart, worked his ass off, and in 2017 he and his 17 year old son went on a guided horseback hunt in WY. Dave ended up riding 24 miles the first day, and shot a magnificent 7X7 bull at 373 yards. He's a great guy, and I hope he lives a long healthy life.
Good luck to you. When you're ready for it, give me a call and we'll go elk hunting. Rick
I'm have the gastric sleeve done. Where they take and cut your stomach down to sleeve shape. They no longer will do the band at the office I'm going to cause it's easy to work around. They only do the bypass surgery now on diabetics and people with major health issues because it's more of a recovery. It was definitely tough and the hardest part will be not working out for the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after surgery.

Rick I will definitely take you up on that offer for elk hunting.

Reactions: RICMIC

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Good 5k yesterday, daughter wanted to walk some at the end, but for a 9 year old that's understandable. Just got done with a 60 minute walk, got something going on with my big toe. Hurts from the first joint in my foot all the way to the tip. I'll give it a couple months and if it don't go away, I'll just ignore it longer, Lol!

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Saturday
After work drove to deer camp about 1 hour away to hunt all day sunday. My dad hit a big doe on friday (opener of gun season) but lost the blood trailer after tracking it half mile in to the really thick crap. He did a grid search in the area to try and find blood no luck.

Sunday all day sit nothing this morning hoping the afternoon brings more luck

Reactions: go_deep

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Saturday
After work drove to deer camp about 1 hour away to hunt all day sunday. My dad hit a big doe on friday (opener of gun season) but lost the blood trailer after tracking it half mile in to the really thick crap. He did a grid search in the area to try and find blood no luck.

Sunday all day sit nothing this morning hoping the afternoon brings more luck
Good luck Marcus, smoke a big one!!